VMware Edu & Cert Community
SukhbirS
Contributor
Contributor

Is anyone having trouble logging onto mylearn?

I need to get authorisation to recertify, but it is saying service is unavailable! I only have until 10th March to recert!!

0 Kudos
30 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I just tried it, and can login without issues.

André

0 Kudos
SukhbirS
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, thanks for the reply, I am still getting the error:

Sorry a service is unavailable to complete this action at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

I have had no luck getting help from Mylearn team thus far. I have even reset my p/w but still cannot get in! There was maintenance yesterday evening, and I even chatted to an advisor who said that mylearn was unavailable.

I've even tried a different device in case there was something missing from my browser!

I'm in the UK...

0 Kudos
SukhbirS
Contributor
Contributor

looks like only my account, other ppl i know can access - tried different browsers, internet providers etc. Have a call logged with Vmware; they will answer within 2 business days, looks like I may run out of time!!

Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Cory_S78
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting that same error, "service unavailable"... I wonder why some people can log in without error. I'm also under the deadline, hope it's fixed quickly.

0 Kudos
Cory_S78
Contributor
Contributor

I just called in to support, they said it's a known issue and they are working it, and will email me an update within 12 hours. I'll take that as good news.

0 Kudos
VRBitman
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I was experiencing the same issue today as well. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

Are they working on new designs? ..

Untitled.png

-- VR Bitman | http://virtualis.info | vSphere 5.5 Guide: http://goo.gl/QUqTH7 VMware professional, virtualization & FOSS evangelist, informatician, geek VCA-Cloud, VCA-WM, VCA-DCV, VCP-DCV
0 Kudos
JeremyWF13
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue.   Been trying since yesterday to login. 

0 Kudos
SukhbirS
Contributor
Contributor

Let's hope so - I tried again, and it is still playing up - tick, tock, tick tock, come on MyLearn!

in fact is here another way of getting this approval?

0 Kudos
DermotHagan
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying all through Saturday and cannot get a login, I finally gave up and called the US helpdesk (I'm in the UK) and they confirmed there is an issue with the site.

But some are on here reporting that they can login so is it just the UK that is affected?

There is no official comms from VMware that there is a problem, and the mylearn site has an alert regarding a Site update on Friday. Totally dumb timing to update the site 4 days before everyone is rushing to complete their Delta exams.

More badly handled VMware issues....

This sucks, I wanted to do my exam on Saturday.

0 Kudos
rftinc
Contributor
Contributor

I too am getting the error message "Sorry a service is unavailable to complete this action" when trying to log in. I have been receiving the error message since Friday, now it's Sunday and I still cant access the mylearn website. This is hurting my study time as I wanted to take the test soon. VMWARE please fix this! Thanks.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I can still login from Germany without any issues.

Running nslookup for mylearn.vmware.com returns:

Name:      e751.dscx.akamaiedge.net

Addresses: 2a02:26f0:6a:285::2ef

2a02:26f0:6a:288::2ef

Aliases:   mylearn.vmware.com

ta751.vmware.com.ds.edgekey.net

I'm not sure how exactly Akamai works, but it might be worth a try to temporarily add

2.16.195.51 mylearn.vmware.com

to the local hosts file!?

André

0 Kudos
SukhbirS
Contributor
Contributor

Still down for me! Now it is v annoying! Probably weekend shut-down, and thus will not be fixed until tomorrow! It recognises my ID becuase when I put in an incorrect p/w it acknowledges this, and when I put my correct p/w it comes back with that error...

Btw, i know people in the UK it is working for, so not everyone is affected! All the fresh study is disappearing from my head!!

p.s. I have a heavy cold too

:smileyangry::smileycry:

0 Kudos
Printscreensv
Contributor
Contributor

Yep I am also having this issue and need to register for the exam for which the deadline is on the 10th March.

If this is missed I will be very unhappy with VMware if they say you are now forced to redo the Install, configure manage course at £2000, too bad! :smileyangry:

I am also from the UK

I guess the team that fixes this doesn't work weekends so that's why it has not been fixed.

0 Kudos
Printscreensv
Contributor
Contributor

Editing the host file didn't work unfortunately. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Isalmon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am in the US. Same problem here since Saturday. Its Sunday afternoon still no luck. Lost two days of study time from my on demand ICM 5.5 class. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
SaffetAbaci
Contributor
Contributor

Hello There,

I'm from Holland, same problem.

I've got the same problem whole day. Made a support call to vmware and they replied that this will be solved within two business days. What a silly answer while you explaining that we don't have two day to acomplish to pass this delta exam.

VMware, I hope you solve this very soon, otherwise I'll only agree this if you extend the date for taking this exam (later dan 10th of march).

Please, please help us..

ps. My nslookup for mylearn.vmware.com looks like: (the Netherlands)

Server: 212.54.40.25

Address: 212.54.40.25#53

Non-authoritative answer:

mylearn.vmware.com canonical name = ta751.vmware.com.ds.edgekey.net.

ta751.vmware.com.ds.edgekey.net canonical name = e751.dscx.akamaiedge.net.

Name: e751.dscx.akamaiedge.net

Address: 23.222.64.164

unfortunately I'm not able to take this exam today with these problems..!!!

greetings,

Saffet

0 Kudos
hooj1981
Contributor
Contributor

Same here in the UK however I've also tried from a USA based connection. No difference. This is really poor on behalf of VMware to not communicate this issue what with a major exam ending soon.

Does anyone know when the 5.5 deta exam ends, is it 00:00 on the 10th or 23:59?

0 Kudos
LiaMcD
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the US and also having issues since Saturday connecting.  I can reach the site, but once I log in, I receive the following message:

Sorry a service is unavailable to complete this action at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

I also need to recertify by the 10th!  I hope VMware will consider this downtime for those of us who cannot log in.

0 Kudos
ArturSobkowicz
Contributor
Contributor

I'm from Poland. Same problem since Friday afternoon.

Perhaps due to technical problems VMware extend the deadline for recertification .

0 Kudos