VMware Edu & Cert Community
Noor2122
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Is VCP5-DCV exam has updated for vSphere5.5

I have scheduled my exam for next week so just wanted to confirm, for now this VCP5-DCV exam questions is based on which version of vSphere, vSphere 5.1 or on 5.5?

- Noor Mohammad
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Noor2122
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Passed VCP5-DCV exam today........my score is 475.........nd yes the exam was based on vSphere 5.x, i mean no version (5.0, 5.1 or 5.5) specific ques......im so happy Smiley Happy

- Noor Mohammad

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Afaik the exam has not been updated yet, however you can double check with reading the current VCP blueprint.

Please also take a look at Re: VCP 5.5? (and the other replies in this discussion).

André

Noor2122
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have already checked that thread (anyways thanks for the reply)....the current blueprint version is 2.9, it was last updated in July 2013.

Can i assume, there will be a change in blueprint version if new questions related to vSphere5.5 will be included in VCP exam.

- Noor Mohammad
0 Kudos
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes until its updated newly then the versions will be updated. Keep looking for an update on the community Smiley Happy

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

Noor2122
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Passed VCP5-DCV exam today........my score is 475.........nd yes the exam was based on vSphere 5.x, i mean no version (5.0, 5.1 or 5.5) specific ques......im so happy Smiley Happy

- Noor Mohammad
0 Kudos
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Congratulations Smiley Happy

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

0 Kudos
Gav0
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Congrats on the pass Smiley Happy

Please award points to your peers for any correct or helpful answers
kamarajMuthupan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

HI noor,

Congratulations ...

I am about to do my VCP certification.Is the certification updated to 5.5 .

Please provide me the dumps

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Dumps are created by people violating their agreement with VMware, and are also notoriously unreliable - they're best avoided.

Use the blueprint, the documentation, and the software to prepare yourself instead.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
Grim192
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Drop VMware an email I'm sure they'd be interested to know your intentions.

0 Kudos
Gav0
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

There are currently 2 exams available:

vSphere 5.5 Based Exam – Exam Code VCP550

vSphere 5.0/5.1 Based Exam – Exam Code VCP510

There are blueprints available for both so study those and build yourself a lab.

Please award points to your peers for any correct or helpful answers
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

There's a message here about the VCP510 and new VCP550 exams: VCP5-DCV updated for 5.5

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos