VMware Edu & Cert Community
LukeLegend
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

If I hold a VCP5.5 can I take a 2V0-622D (VCP-6.5Delta) I imagine not but I thought I would ask. Thanks in advance

If I hold a VCP5.5 can I take a 2V0-622D (VCP-6.5Delta) I imagine not but I thought I would ask.  Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You can take it, but it won't gain you a certification - the delta exam is only of value for VCP6-DCV holders (before their VCP6-DCV expires)

There are various paths to VCP6.5-DCV, check here: VMware Certified Professional 6.5 - Data Center Virtualization

If your VCP5-DCV has expired it's Path 4, if it has not expired it's Path 2.

Technically, you could also pass 2V0-621D and 2V0-622D - that would give you VCP6-DCV and VCP6.5-DCV, but given that Path 2 above only required passing a single exam (2V0-622), that's probably the sensible option.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You can take it, but it won't gain you a certification - the delta exam is only of value for VCP6-DCV holders (before their VCP6-DCV expires)

There are various paths to VCP6.5-DCV, check here: VMware Certified Professional 6.5 - Data Center Virtualization

If your VCP5-DCV has expired it's Path 4, if it has not expired it's Path 2.

Technically, you could also pass 2V0-621D and 2V0-622D - that would give you VCP6-DCV and VCP6.5-DCV, but given that Path 2 above only required passing a single exam (2V0-622), that's probably the sensible option.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
LukeLegend
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you mate I suspected that would be the case

0 Kudos