VMware Edu & Cert Community
alexander123
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I would like to upgrade it from VCP6.0 to VCAP 6.5

Hi

I am currently holding VCP6.0DCV which will expire 7/2018.  I would like to upgrade it from VCP6.0 to VCAP 6.5.

Someone know the recommended and valid path.?  I only see VCP6.0DCV to VCAP 6.0 and VCP6.5 to VCAP 6.5.

I Appreciate your help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jhague
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Alexander123,

You need to pass the VCP6.5-DCV exam to be able to take the VCAP6.5-DCV.

See FAQ here: VMware Certified Advanced Professional 6.5 - Data Center Virtualization Design

Can I use my VCP6-DCV as a pre-requisite for the VCAP6.5-DCV Design certification?

No, the VCP needs to be the same version as the VCAP you are pursuing. Since this is a new version of the certification, with new objectives, skills, and knowledge required, the VCP6.5-DCV is required for new candidates to earn the VCAP6.5-DCV Design

Alternatively you could pass the VCAP6-DCV exam and then do the VCAP 6.5 exam (see existing candidates tab above) but note that passing the VCAP 6.5 exam wouldn’t automatically give you the VCP6.5 certification, you still need to take that exam to upgrade the VCP certification.

Hope this helps.

John Hague http://linkedin.com/in/john-hague | twitter @jhague10 VCIX-DCV | VCP-DCV 3/4/5/6 | VCP6-NV | VCP7-CMA | VCAP7-CMA Design

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jhague
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Alexander123,

You need to pass the VCP6.5-DCV exam to be able to take the VCAP6.5-DCV.

See FAQ here: VMware Certified Advanced Professional 6.5 - Data Center Virtualization Design

Can I use my VCP6-DCV as a pre-requisite for the VCAP6.5-DCV Design certification?

No, the VCP needs to be the same version as the VCAP you are pursuing. Since this is a new version of the certification, with new objectives, skills, and knowledge required, the VCP6.5-DCV is required for new candidates to earn the VCAP6.5-DCV Design

Alternatively you could pass the VCAP6-DCV exam and then do the VCAP 6.5 exam (see existing candidates tab above) but note that passing the VCAP 6.5 exam wouldn’t automatically give you the VCP6.5 certification, you still need to take that exam to upgrade the VCP certification.

Hope this helps.

John Hague http://linkedin.com/in/john-hague | twitter @jhague10 VCIX-DCV | VCP-DCV 3/4/5/6 | VCP6-NV | VCP7-CMA | VCAP7-CMA Design
0 Kudos
alexander123
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Jhague

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos