VMware Edu & Cert Community
rebornX
Contributor
Contributor

How to track previously enrolled class

Hi all,

I am planning to take my VCP certification in vSpheren 4.1. I took the official learning course for vSphere 4.1 before and I know it is a prerequisite in obtaining VCP certification. However, I have the following problems:

1. I took this class almost a year ago when I didn't really care that much about virtualization. Now I know its importance and impact so I want to take an official cert. Will that class still be valid as a prerequisite to obtaining a cert? How long is the validity of the attended class?

2. My main problem is actually how to track that I was previously enrolled in an official class. It was a previous company sponsored training so i did not personally handle my training details. Does VMware have a database where I can query for my name just to prove that I was in an official class? Getting the certification maybe useless if I can't prove that I took the class. And no, I did not get any certificate or proof that I attended the class even though the training partner (HP) said they will provide one. And as I've said, I really didn't care that much at that time so I did not mind following it up.

Thanks to everyone who can help. By the way, I created a mylearn account and I have nothing in my enrolled class or previously enrolled class section. I guess I need to find a way to add it there.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

1.) There is no expiry date for a course. As long as you took a VMware authorized training, you can take the exam to become a VCP.

2.) I'd recommend you contact certification@vmware.com and explain them your situation. Afaik the courses and exams are matched by the email address, so make sure you provide the email address you used to register for the course you took. Didn't you create a mylearn account during the training you took?

André

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

0 Kudos
rebornX
Contributor
Contributor

thank you very much for your response a.p.

Unfortunately I did not create a mylearn account during that time since I just left all the details to my previous employer who registered me for the training course. I'll give that email to certification@vmware.com a try.

0 Kudos
AndreTheGiant
Immortal
Immortal

Just write to the certification team... they will help you to fix your data.

Andrew | http://about.me/amauro | http://vinfrastructure.it/ | @Andrea_Mauro
0 Kudos