VMware Edu & Cert Community
rurffy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hosted vmware Lab for VCP5

Hi All,

just wondering - Does any one know of a cheap online hosted vmware esxi Lab for ICM study. Something like a virtual esxi hosted in cloud where i could logon to and practice for my ICM certification . I have a home lab buy i need something i can move around with me .

Your suggestions would be helpful . Thanks guys

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rurffy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yea i understand i can easily use a laptop  but was just looking for an alternative.(I already have a home lab - Nested VM) anyways thanks guys for your comments...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

A decent spec laptop running vSphere inside a bunch of VMs in VMware Workstation or Player would be a good solution, is usually cheaper than a hosted lab, and you can keep the laptop when you're finished too 😉

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
timevisser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I agree with Scott.  I first thought about going the hosted route using companies like Hatsize but quickly learned that the convenience versus cost was skewed towards costs.  I then went with the desktop and pc option. 

0 Kudos
rurffy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yea i understand i can easily use a laptop  but was just looking for an alternative.(I already have a home lab - Nested VM) anyways thanks guys for your comments...

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Not a dedicated ICM lab, but maybe worth looking at anyway is the VMware Hands-on Labs which provides labs for different topics.

André

0 Kudos