VMware Edu & Cert Community
HingeThunder
Contributor
Contributor

Have I waited too long

I sat the Install, configure, manage course over a year ago and never got round to sitting my exam - have I missed my opportunity to gain my certification or is there no 'pass-by' date?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

no, you have not missed your opportunity to sit the exam. the VCP410 exam is still the current VCP exam.  You have time....

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

You can take the exam as long as it is offered. There's no end date already that I am aware of.

André

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As others have said, the VCP4 exam is still available, but the sooner you do it the better as you can also gain VCP5 without having to attend a vSphere 5 course, if you pass the VCP5 exam before the end of February 2012...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
EdWilts
Expert
Expert

Scott Vessey wrote:

As others have said, the VCP4 exam is still available, but the sooner you do it the better as you can also gain VCP5 without having to attend a vSphere 5 course, if you pass the VCP5 exam before the end of February 2012...

Even if you get the VCP4 now and then wait until March to get the VCP5, you only have to take the v4 to v5 upgrade course instead of having to pay for a 5-day course again.  You'll save a lot more money by passing the VCP4 now than you will by waiting.

And, of course, you want that VCP4 now.

.../Ed (who just got the formal notification of the VCP4 cert today!)

.../Ed (VCP4, VCP5)
0 Kudos