VMware Edu & Cert Community
ironmountain
Contributor
Contributor

HI All, My VCP 5 certification is unfortunatly going to expire on March 2015 :(, Does anyone know when VCP 6 certification will be released ? , planning to skip delta exam & will directly take VCP 6.

HI All, My VCP 5 certification is unfortunatly going to expire on March 2015 :(, Does anyone know when VCP 6 certification will be released ? , planning to skip delta exam & will directly take VCP 6.

6 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There have been no announcements yet about a version 6 product, never mind a version 6 certification/exam.

I would recommend that you take the delta exam, or another VCP or VCAP exam in order to recertify - I am in the same situation myself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
ironmountain
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Scott.

0 Kudos
vfk
Expert
Expert

Take a VCP (Cloud or Desktop or NSX) in another track and that will renew your VCP-DCV as well.

--- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. vfk Systems Manager / Technical Architect VCP5-DCV, VCAP5-DCA, vExpert, ITILv3, CCNA, MCP
JoshuaAndrewsVM

Planning on passing VCP6 before your certs expire is a very expensive gamble.  If your certs expire 3/10 and the exam is available for the first time on 3/11 it will cost you ~$4000 to get certified since you'll need to take a 5-day class.

perugipj
Contributor
Contributor

Sounds like blackmail to me...

0 Kudos
JoshuaAndrewsVM

Just awkward timing based on the recertification policy announced in March of '14 to take affect in Mar '15.  It also really only affects those that passed VCP510 before March of '13.  

It does affect to a lesser extent those who have VCP2/3/4.  They were granted a no-class waiver from March'14-March'15, so taking one $225 exam right before a new one comes out isn't as bad when you are unexpectedly saving $4k.