VMware Edu & Cert Community
JDLangdon
Expert
Expert

Global Knowledge - VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V5.0]

Does anyone know if the VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V5.0] course being offered by Global Knowledge is an "officeial" VMware fast track course?  I have some training funds available and I don't want to waste it on something that Global slapped together and labeled Fast Track if it's not an official course.

Jason

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PduPreez
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Global Knowledge is one of our VATC Partners (VMware Accredited Training Center)

So this will be an official Course

If you already have your VCP4 it might be better only to do What's new [v5.0]

Also if you are VCP4, you can write VCP5 before end of Feb 2012 without running a class.

From http://www.globalknowledge.com/training/generic.asp?pageid=3086&country=United+States

VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V5.0]

This accelerated, extended-hours course combines the complete content of VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.0] and VMware vSphere: Automation with vSphere PowerCLI [V4.x] with a VCP5 exam voucher for five days of VMware vSphere skills building and certification preparation.

Who Should Attend:

This accelerated course is intended for system administrators, engineers, and operators who are experienced with VMware and want to earn VCP5 certification. It is also ideal for VCP2s and VCP3s who want to update to VCP5.

Please award points for helpful/correct answers Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This course is run by GK in the US, and it combines Install Configure Manage for 5.0 with PowerCLI for 4.x - the first of those elements allows it to qualify for VCP5 accreditation.

Scott.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
JDLangdon
Expert
Expert

Scott Vessey wrote:

This course is run by GK in the US, and it combines Install Configure Manage for 5.0 with PowerCLI for 4.x - the first of those elements allows it to qualify for VCP5 accreditation.

Scott.

I guess this means that NO it is not the "official" VMware vSphere 5.0 Fast track course but it is an "official" VMware vSphere 5.0 course.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There is no official Fast Track course for vSphere 5 from VMware - there aren't enough vSphere 5 courses yet available to put together into one! But, as the GK course uses all the official materials from vSphere 5: Install Configure Manage and that material will be covered in full, the GK course still counts towards VCP5.

Scott.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
JDLangdon
Expert
Expert

Isn't that false advertising on Global's part to market this as VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V5.0]?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I don't think so, they are quite clear on their website as to what the course contents are.

0 Kudos