VMware Edu & Cert Community
kclinden
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Getting ready for VCA4-DT

I am going to be the windows engineer implimenting vmware view in my environment. I have some esxi experience and I tried to take the vcp test but got a 279 Smiley Sad. I have been too busy with school to take it again. I just went to the View 4.5 ICM class last week. I figured the VCA4-DT test would be slightly easier thant he VCP4 test so I am going to try and use it as a stepping stone. Any advice for studying for this test? Is it actually going to be easier for me or am I going to stuggle? I am planning on setting up a view lab at home if I can.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kclinden
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If the VCA4-DT test is not easier I may just try the VCP test again. I do have more vCenter experience than View experience.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

The VCA4-DT is a basic View administrator test and is rather easy for anyone that has View experience.  I have never taken a View ICM class so I'm not sure if that is going to do a great job of preparing you or not.   

On the VCP front I have found that hands on is often the best approach.   Create a lab and use some evaluation licenses to test features and adminsitration.  That will go a long way in helping preparef or the VCP. 

kclinden
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Okay. So it sounds like the VCA4 test will be a little easier. If that ist he case I will pursue that one first.

0 Kudos
kclinden
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have decided to try and take the vcp410 test again since it is going to way and i am in a time crunch to complete it. *cross my fingers* that i am successful.

0 Kudos