VMware Edu & Cert Community
lchuakc
Contributor
Contributor

Future VCP re-certification exams?

Will all future VCP re-certification exams be conducted online like the VCP 550 Delta?

Also the cost should be $120 or similar?

I cannot imagine paying full amount for a certification and going to the test center once every 2 years.

6 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I''m not sure there will be - the VCP550D was brought in as recertification was a new policy and many would face the same date as their deadline.

Deadlines will not be the same date for all from this point forward as was the case for many on March 10th, and people who have recertified recently are aware there are other options beyond taking an exam at the same level on the same technology...

But, I have no crystal ball, so we shall see...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
williambishop
Expert
Expert

Yeah, pretty much the reason I am discontinuing vmware certs. I have been getting them for years, taking the classes when the company paid for them...but no way I am redoing a 2 year cert for an entry level cert. I don't really want the next level, and I'm far enough in the field that nobody even asks if I have a cert anyway (I manage 4000+ vm's). Would I do a vcap? Maybe, I could take it no doubt...but with a 3000 dollar entry fee to even take the vcp test, and a short expiration on it...nope. Done. You don't remove all of my vmware certs with the investment involved in them and then retire the latest one, and not expect to tick off some people. I've held cisco, citrix, microsoft, vmware, unix and various other certs at one time or another, several are still valid in fact. But I am done with vmware certs. I'll pick something interesting.

--"Non Temetis Messor."
0 Kudos
lchuakc
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Scott.

I really hope that they have the ability to renew online. I do not have so much time to go to the test centers every 2 years. I can claim the exam fees from my office so that is not a big concern.

0 Kudos
lchuakc
Contributor
Contributor

Hi William,

I got the message. Guess we are in the same shoes. I am not really too keen into the re-certification but i still did it once last month because I may have to look for a new job soon. 2 years is kinda of short into re-certification. For the past 3 job interviews I have been to. The employers do not require me to be vcp certified. The funny thing is they still asked whether have I use esxi before even when I've listed VCP5 into my resume.

0 Kudos
williambishop
Expert
Expert

Yeah, I don't think most of them understand the VCP means ESX to be honest....

--"Non Temetis Messor."
0 Kudos
lchuakc
Contributor
Contributor

I dun think my vcp status has helped me in securing an interview. most of them called me up due to my experience.