VMware Edu & Cert Community
JNav7
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Foundations exam question

I took the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage 6.0 training class. Do I have to take the vSphere 6.0 Doundations exam? Or Can I take the vSphere 6.5 Foundations exam?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

vSphere 6.0 training only qualifies you for VCP6-DCV, not VCP6.5-DCV.

While you could take the vSphere Foundations 6.5 exam, you would still need to do the VCP exam on 6.0, not 6.5.

On that basis, you might as well do vSphere Foundations 6.0, so you study just on a single version of the software.

VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

vSphere 6.0 training only qualifies you for VCP6-DCV, not VCP6.5-DCV.

While you could take the vSphere Foundations 6.5 exam, you would still need to do the VCP exam on 6.0, not 6.5.

On that basis, you might as well do vSphere Foundations 6.0, so you study just on a single version of the software.

VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
JNav7
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for the answer!

0 Kudos