VMware Edu & Cert Community
mbriois
Contributor
Contributor

Finally got certified! VCP550

Smiley Happy

it's done! I finally pass the VCP550 at the third attempt. Score 402.

Well, i've worked on vsphere since 4 year now, mostly self-taught throught google search, vmware doc...

At the begin of 2014, i've decided to go for the certification in order to capitalise and validate my technical knowledge and skills.

So i asked my compagny and i got engaged in a vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.5] formation in march.

One month after that I give a try at the exam for the first time and failed with a score of 295. Smiley Sad

I reattempt a week later, after working a bit on some point i missed during my revision (who said VSAN and VSOM? Smiley Wink ), failed again with 290.

At first i was really angry and disappointed but clearly i wanted to pass too fast so i decided to wait before any more attempt.

In august i decided to restart my revision and i started to bought the excellent Mastering VMware vSphere 5.5 book from Scott Lowe and Nick Marshall.

I switched then to VCP5-DCV Study Guide, Exam VCP-550 from Atkinson, Brian.

During my reading i also worked on some dump exam to validate my progression and identify some point to deal deaper with it.

And finaly this morning i took the exam and finally succeed with a good 402.

And now? what's next?...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Well done! Congratulations!

What's next? Well it depends on you and what you want to achieve ...

Anyway, I'd say you deserve a beer or two, or - since your username sounds French "prend un verre!" Smiley Wink

André

0 Kudos