VMware Edu & Cert Community
kashi_11
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Expire Certification

Dear Sir,

My certification was expire. Can i give exam for renewal. I take training VCP 6.0. Kindly guide me

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

There is no concept of "renewal" once a VCP has expired - the path to achieve a VCP is then the same as for someone new to VMware training and certification.

Assuming you want VCP6-DCV (based on you having done a vSphere 6.0 class), check the "expired VCP-DCV" path here: VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

There is no concept of "renewal" once a VCP has expired - the path to achieve a VCP is then the same as for someone new to VMware training and certification.

Assuming you want VCP6-DCV (based on you having done a vSphere 6.0 class), check the "expired VCP-DCV" path here: VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
kashi_11
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Dear Sir,

It is difficult to take again training. training is costly. Kindly guide me.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You said you'd already done the training - you won't need to take it again.

So long as the training you did is one of the courses on the list (for the path on the page I linked to) - you're good.

0 Kudos
kashi_11
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

but my certification was expire. AM i able to give exam?

0 Kudos
kashi_11
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i was given exam 5.5. but i take training 6.0.

0 Kudos
kashi_11
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i am able to give exam?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Read the requirements on the page I linked to - this is what it says:

Screenshot 2018-10-31 at 11.24.26.jpg

Items 2/3/4 are compulsory requirements - your training may meet requirement 2 as I mentioned previously, if it does you will need to pass the exams for requirements 3 & 4.

You can always email certification@vmware.com if none of what I'm saying or posting doesn't make sense.

0 Kudos
kashi_11
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

in 2015 i taken training VCP 6.0. it mean i will give exam only.

0 Kudos
kashi_11
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Please guide me

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I am guiding you, it seems like you're not reading or not understanding my replies.

Assuming that your previous training was something like the vSphere 6.0 Install Configure Manage class (check item 2 on the "expired VCP-DCV" path on this page), you have 2 additional compulsory requirements to meet (items 3 and 4 of the same "expired VCP-DCV" path on this page).

• Pass the vSphere Foundations exam
  • Pass the VCP6-DCV exam

I really can't help you any further - I'm saying the same things over and over again. Best of luck.

0 Kudos
kashi_11
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you sir

0 Kudos