VMware Edu & Cert Community
Pertti
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Exam for updating active VCP6-DCV to VCP-DCV 2019 ?

Is it possible to update active VCP6-DCV to VCP-DCV 2019 with Professional vSphere 6.7 Delta Exam 2019 (2V0-21.19D)? The 6.7 Delta exam is not listed at page https://www.vmware.com/education-services/certification/vcp-dcv-2019.html (if you hold active VCP6-DCV)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

It would appear that the 6.7 Delta exam is only for those who already hold VCP6.5-DCV, and not any earlier VCP-DCV version.

Exam options for VCP6-DCV holder to achieve VCP-DCV 2019:

Screenshot 2019-02-01 at 15.18.05.jpg

Exam options for VCP6.5-DCV holder to achieve VCP-DCV 2019:

Screenshot 2019-02-01 at 15.18.18.jpg

The outcome from either of the above would be the same anyway - recertify your existing VCP (6 or 6.5) and achieve VCP-DCV 2019.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

It would appear that the 6.7 Delta exam is only for those who already hold VCP6.5-DCV, and not any earlier VCP-DCV version.

Exam options for VCP6-DCV holder to achieve VCP-DCV 2019:

Screenshot 2019-02-01 at 15.18.05.jpg

Exam options for VCP6.5-DCV holder to achieve VCP-DCV 2019:

Screenshot 2019-02-01 at 15.18.18.jpg

The outcome from either of the above would be the same anyway - recertify your existing VCP (6 or 6.5) and achieve VCP-DCV 2019.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Wasn't this one of the changes though mentioned in

New "Bridge” Upgrade Path for Current VCPs - VMware Education Services

They don't mention the 6.0 to 6.7 one though.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

That is respected, VCP6-DCV > VCP-DCV 2019 (coming forward 2 versions) by passing a single exam - it just can’t be the delta exam, it has to be the full one.

I haven’t investigated the detail of the delta exam, presumably it tests on differences between 6.5 and 6.7 (rather than 6.0 and 6.7)

0 Kudos
Pertti
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank You

Now when I looked 6.7 Delta exam blueprint there was also "The minimally qualified candidate (MQC) has already achieved the VCP 6.5- DCV certification"

To harmonize in that page there should also be "Pass one of the Professional Data Center Virtualization Exams" instead of "Pass the Professional Data Center Virtualization Exam" when you select "an active VCP5 of VCP6-DCV"

0 Kudos