VMware Edu & Cert Community
arjandv1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Exam authorization

Hello Everyone,

I have a question about exam authorization.

Because i was not able to take the vcpI still need to take the VCP550 exam at the time I took the course i wanted to plan the exam somewhere the upcoming months.

When logged on by Peason Vue I went to the vmware exam overview and saw that I can also schedule for the "2V0-621: VMware Certified Professional 6 - Data Center Virtualization" Exam.

I thought it was required to follow the vmware courses, isn't that the case anymore?

When I started to google for exam authorization I found some posts that no authorization is needed?

Does that mean I can just go for a newer version of the exam? or will it give me a message i cannot continue if I would go on schedule vcp60 exam?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

‌You could schedule the 621 exam, and even pass it, but unless you meet the other pre-requisites for VCP6-DCV (as found on this page: https://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=64178&ui=www_cert) there's really no point - you won't actually be awarded the certification.

So, in your case, you should take the VCP550 exam, that will gain you VCP5-DCV. If you then passed 621 or 621D, you'd also gain VCP6-DCV.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

‌You could schedule the 621 exam, and even pass it, but unless you meet the other pre-requisites for VCP6-DCV (as found on this page: https://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=64178&ui=www_cert) there's really no point - you won't actually be awarded the certification.

So, in your case, you should take the VCP550 exam, that will gain you VCP5-DCV. If you then passed 621 or 621D, you'd also gain VCP6-DCV.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos