VMware Edu & Cert Community
BazLhurman
Contributor
Contributor

Exam EDU-1202 : Spring Professional

Hello,

On your web site it says that Exam EDU-1202 : Spring Professional retires on 30 June 2022. As a substitution you recommend to pass Exam 2V0-72.22 : Professional Develop VMware Spring. It looks to me that the only option to pass 2V0-72.22 exam is to attend one of the courses provided by the VMWare. Therefore I have a question does it mean that you have changed your 2017 decision to allow people to pass Spring Professional exam without attending one of the courses provided by Spring team?

Many thanks,

Baz

19 Replies
KarlChilds
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Baz,

With the new Spring Certified Professional, the requirements have changed and do require a course attendance. As options of the course become available, they will be added to the web site.

0 Kudos
bhavana_kushwah
Contributor
Contributor

Hi ,

I wanted to apply for Spring professional certification. So I am confused , this certification is renamed or this certification is now in two stages.Spring Professional Develop is same certification is same as previosuly Spring Professional certification EDU- 1202

0 Kudos
bhavana_kushwah
Contributor
Contributor

Hi ,

I wanted to apply for Spring professional certification. So I am confused , this certification is renamed or this certification is now in two stages.Spring Professional Develop is same certification is same as previosuly Spring Professional certification EDU- 1202

0 Kudos
KarlChilds
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It's the same certification but with the updated new exam (and new exam number).

You can read more here as well: https://blogs.vmware.com/learning/2022/05/19/vmware-spring-certified-professional-certification-is-b...

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This VCP now works the same as all the others.

You have a training requirement AND an exam requirement.

https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/spring-certified-pro.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
rvsoni
Contributor
Contributor

Spring core Course attendance cost is $940 UDS (in India) + $ 250 USD for certification exam, 

It's too costly an exam, VMWare makes sure that no one thinks about this Spring certification anymore, Most java developers use the Spring framework for coding but no one is considering for exam due to the extreme cost.

With $ 940 can buy so many Spring learning resources on many online learning platforms.

VMware should give a second thought to this.

AngryKitten
Contributor
Contributor

Is it at least possible to enroll to that class in 2023 instead of 2022 and still get a certification?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If you pass the exam in 2022 and complete the training in 2023, you would be awarded the VCP 2023 as long as the exam you passed is valid for the 2023 certification.

This principle is the same if you took the training in 2022 and didn’t pass the exam til 2023, you would get the VCP 2023 as long as the training is valid for the 2023 certification.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
ronaldpaul
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
nameuser331
Contributor
Contributor

This post is very confusing, there is this exam which you keep mentioning https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/spring-certified-pro.html with a required training and a previous exam passed as well, and there the Spring Professional Develop which seems to not have a required training but just a recommended one: https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/spring-pro-develop-exam.html .Is this last one the same as the VCP or is just another Spring Certificate Exam that you can take without a requiring the 1000$ training. Please clarify these as I am still interested in taking the exam but everything I find online is just confuses people more. Thank you!

0 Kudos
SharelleP
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

To earn the certification you must complete all requirements: the exam and required training. You can attempt the exam without having completed the required training. The exam page recommends training to help prepare for the exam. 

0 Kudos
nameuser331
Contributor
Contributor

Do I get any proof for passing the exam, without buying the training?

0 Kudos
KarlChilds
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes, you will receive the exam report showing that you passed the exam. You will not receive the certification badge or transcript though until you complete all the requirements.

0 Kudos
marcosechague
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare should consider removing the required course assistant, it is very expensive and there will be millions more professionals who will take the exam without the course requirement.

0 Kudos
monapriya
Contributor
Contributor

How much does the course costs in US ?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Check here: https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/spring-certified-pro.html

0 Kudos
rvsoni
Contributor
Contributor

Certification cost is a 250 USD,

for you will get certificate once you also takes the training from VMWare certified learning partner and that is cost USD 1000.

so, that learning and mandatory training is cost is too much.

Many java developers work on Spring framework from hardly any one look for certification.

Ravi

0 Kudos
Rosique7
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.

If I access the option Learning Path: Spring Certified Professional from the course list:

Rosique7_1-1697564114118.png

When I pass the second module it asks me to pay for the Pro version, and this message appears:

Rosique7_0-1697564093351.png

Says:
"Spring Academy Pro membership includes access to all courses in this Learning path and one (1) certification exam voucher per year. Upgrade today and unlock your path to certification."

Therefore, if I have one exam per year, can I take the 2V0-72.22 exam and have my VCP?

So, could you get the required training and exam for $299 by purchasing just one year of access to Spring Academy Pro?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It would appear so from those screenshots.

If you want to be 100% sure, email certification@vmware.com

0 Kudos