BazLhurman
Contributor
Contributor

Exam EDU-1202 : Spring Professional

Hello,

On your web site it says that Exam EDU-1202 : Spring Professional retires on 30 June 2022. As a substitution you recommend to pass Exam 2V0-72.22 : Professional Develop VMware Spring. It looks to me that the only option to pass 2V0-72.22 exam is to attend one of the courses provided by the VMWare. Therefore I have a question does it mean that you have changed your 2017 decision to allow people to pass Spring Professional exam without attending one of the courses provided by Spring team?

Many thanks,

Baz

0 Kudos
6 Replies
KarlChilds
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Baz,

With the new Spring Certified Professional, the requirements have changed and do require a course attendance. As options of the course become available, they will be added to the web site.

0 Kudos
bhavana_kushwah
Contributor
Contributor

Hi ,

I wanted to apply for Spring professional certification. So I am confused , this certification is renamed or this certification is now in two stages.Spring Professional Develop is same certification is same as previosuly Spring Professional certification EDU- 1202

0 Kudos
bhavana_kushwah
Contributor
Contributor

Hi ,

I wanted to apply for Spring professional certification. So I am confused , this certification is renamed or this certification is now in two stages.Spring Professional Develop is same certification is same as previosuly Spring Professional certification EDU- 1202

0 Kudos
KarlChilds
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It's the same certification but with the updated new exam (and new exam number).

You can read more here as well: https://blogs.vmware.com/learning/2022/05/19/vmware-spring-certified-professional-certification-is-b...

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This VCP now works the same as all the others.

You have a training requirement AND an exam requirement.

https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/spring-certified-pro.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
rvsoni
Contributor
Contributor

Spring core Course attendance cost is $940 UDS (in India) + $ 250 USD for certification exam, 

It's too costly an exam, VMWare makes sure that no one thinks about this Spring certification anymore, Most java developers use the Spring framework for coding but no one is considering for exam due to the extreme cost.

With $ 940 can buy so many Spring learning resources on many online learning platforms.

VMware should give a second thought to this.