VMware Edu & Cert Community
habibalby
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Dose Self-Paced Training Considered as Official?

Hello,

I'm thinking of upgrading my VCP from 3.5 to 4.x I was looking and the course prices and I found the What's New vSphere4.1 which is 1495$ and found the What's New vSphere Self-Paced Training which is around 200$.

My question is, does Self-Paced Training considered as official the same as in-person attendance and Online attendance?

Thanks,

Best Regards, Hussain Al Sayed Consider awarding points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

No, you will have to attend the class room training for the certification.

from http://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=12457&ui=www

VMware vSphere: What's New [V4]
(This instructor-led course fulfills the course requirement only for candidates who have already completed VCP3 coursework or upgrading from VCP3 to VCP4. The self-paced course does not meet the certification requirements.)

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

No, you will have to attend the class room training for the certification.

from http://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=12457&ui=www

VMware vSphere: What's New [V4]
(This instructor-led course fulfills the course requirement only for candidates who have already completed VCP3 coursework or upgrading from VCP3 to VCP4. The self-paced course does not meet the certification requirements.)

André

0 Kudos
habibalby
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thank you, it means I have to pay the 1500$ for the What's new vSphere 4.1:)

Best Regards, Hussain Al Sayed Consider awarding points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Thank you, it means I have to pay the 1500$ for the What's new vSphere 4.1:)

Yes, the classroom training is required.

When VMware introduced the VCP4 exam in 2009 there was a "Grace Period" for current VCP3's, in which it was possible to take the exam without the need of the "What's New" course. However this "Grace Period" ended in Dec. 2009.

André

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Almost right - the "grace period" for VCP3-holders actually got extended to the end of January 31st 2010, but everything else you said was spot on. 🙂

Scott.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
habibalby
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Yes, I was aware of that, but I was so busy with other studies, projects and family:). I will book for online training and next month I'm gonna attend the exam.

Cheers,

0 Kudos