VMware Edu & Cert Community
mheerkens
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Does HP course HH642SR VMware vSphere Troubleshooting qualify towards VCP certification

Does the HP Education course HH642SR - VMware vSphere Troubleshooting qualify as a VMware authorized course towards VCP certification?

I've been working with VMWare for about 6 years now and had attended the HP course because we had some HP vouchers and felt it was the only VMware course they had that I could learn something from.

I would like to get VCP and other certifications but need to know if the HP course meets the requirements and if I could get signed up for the VCP exam or if I would still need to attend a VMWare course before I could get signed up for the exam.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
briwag
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes, I believe it does.

HP is offers the class as a VMware Authorized Training Center. Looks like they just have their own course number for the class. You can check out the brochure here:

http://www.hp.com/education/sections/vmware_vcp_cert_vcp_vsphere.pdf

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
briwag
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes, I believe it does.

HP is offers the class as a VMware Authorized Training Center. Looks like they just have their own course number for the class. You can check out the brochure here:

http://www.hp.com/education/sections/vmware_vcp_cert_vcp_vsphere.pdf

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

That HP document isn't 100% accurate, but yes the vSphere: Troubleshooting course does qualify for VCP certification. This is a better page for viewing VCP requirements: http://www.vmware.com/go/vcp

Scott.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
mheerkens
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Your reply added nothing to the conversation. I've already been to VMware's page and read the VCP requirements, but that wasn't what I was asking.

I was asking whether or not a specific class I attended offered by a different vendor met VMware's requirements. Briwag answered my question.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

There really is no need for you to reply with that kind of tone. I am the biggest contributor to this area on the community forum and was only trying to help you. I shall make sure I don't reply on any threads you post in the future, I wouldn't want to upset you any further. Maybe you should have asked HP if their course met the requirement.

Scott.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
SimonDavies
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to alienate yourself and make no friends fast there my friend.

You just had a pop at one of the nicest guys out there, totally uncalled for Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
mheerkens
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I felt that your reply wasn't helpful, I'm sorry if you were offended. You directed me to VMware's VCP page, which was the first place I looked. Despite having looked at the page, I felt that there was still an unanswered question as to whether or not the HP class met VMware's requirements which is why I started the thread. You did manage to criticize the response of the one person who did answer my question. If you don't like my tone, feel free to ignore me.

0 Kudos
mheerkens
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

[quote]

How to alienate yourself and make no friends fast there my friend.

You just had a pop at one of the nicest guys out there, totally uncalled for Smiley Sad[/quote]

What does this response add to the conversation?

0 Kudos
SimonDavies
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

To advise perhaps that you may want to 'chill' a bit, two people gave you an answer, both credible yet you chose to attack the second poster, why?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I didn't criticise the first response, that HP document isn't 100% accurate - it was discussed on another thread recently. How was I to know what documents or pages you'd already looked at? If Briwag feels like my response was the remotest bit critical, he can tell me that himself.

I hope you enjoy your training course with HP, and best of luck for your VCP exam.

Scott.

0 Kudos
mheerkens
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You've offered your advice which I will take into consideration. I'm done with the conversation and don't wish to be ganged up on.

0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Moderator hat ON,

Please be considerate in your tone when answering responses,  this is a volunter only forum and people give their time for no gain,  Scott has given more of his time than most in helping answer questions.

How can you tell this, by the fact that he has the magicians wand next to his avatar,  this means that he has gained atleast 5000 points during his time here.

Moderator Hat Off

it is over two years since your last visit, hopefully you will be here more often and put your 6 years of real world experiance to good work by help answer other peoples issues.

regards

Tom Howarth

VMTN User Community Moderator

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Please do not get personal. It seems from below you don't like that either?

scott28tt did actually add something to the conversation as he is no mind reader and cannot know that you already checked the VCP page.

As you mention you have your answer already and as the rest of the conversation just is about personal attacks, I'm locking this thread.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos