VMware Edu & Cert Community
Curley89
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Do I need 6.5 experience for 2V0-621?

Does the 2V0-621 exam reference vSphere 6.5?

I completed the self paced online training VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6] in December 2015 but have never taken the exam to get certified. I then purchased VMware Certification Exam Prep: vSphere 6 Foundations Exam (Number: 2V0-620) in December 2016 in anticipation to take my exams early this year. I believe the Foundations exam is the same now as it was last year?

My question is do the exams include 6.5? My environment is still vSphere 6.0 and I have no training or hands on experience with vSphere 6.5 so worried thet when I finally get around to taking the exams, my knowledge will not cover the full scope.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Not yet.

There's a beta of the 6.5 exam taking place right now, but the current 2V0-621 exam is based on 6.0.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Not yet.

There's a beta of the 6.5 exam taking place right now, but the current 2V0-621 exam is based on 6.0.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
Curley89
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you Scott. A bit of a long shot but do you have any idea the beta's go live or is there any indication from past beta exams?

I'm just worried I'm wasting my time with revising and completing the VMware Certification Exam Prep: vSphere 6 Foundations Exam (Number: 2V0-620)

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Check the status tab here for the latest public info: Certification Program Beta Exams

0 Kudos