VMware Edu & Cert Community
jronaldo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Difference between VCPN610 and 2V0-641 Exam?

Is there any difference between the VCPN610 and 2V0-641. They cover the same product version, is there any difference?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

VCPN610 - this one is retiring on 30/November/2015, so it would be advisable to go for the 2V0-641 exam.

the way it works is, when you go for VCPN610 exam, set of questions you face are going to be mix of vSphere and NSX related questions, (please refer exam blueprint for more detailed info.). you answer all those and collectively you get score of 300 out of 500 to pass the exam.

while new certification track based exam which are falling in 2V0-* series, works slightly differently.

if you go for 2V0-641 exam, and if this is your first VCP6 certification, then you also got to pass one more exam which is 2V0-620 (vSphere 6 Foundation).

Here, 2V0-620 has questions purely about vSphere 6 and 2V0-641 will concentrate on NSX.

Hope this answers your question.

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

VCPN610 - this one is retiring on 30/November/2015, so it would be advisable to go for the 2V0-641 exam.

the way it works is, when you go for VCPN610 exam, set of questions you face are going to be mix of vSphere and NSX related questions, (please refer exam blueprint for more detailed info.). you answer all those and collectively you get score of 300 out of 500 to pass the exam.

while new certification track based exam which are falling in 2V0-* series, works slightly differently.

if you go for 2V0-641 exam, and if this is your first VCP6 certification, then you also got to pass one more exam which is 2V0-620 (vSphere 6 Foundation).

Here, 2V0-620 has questions purely about vSphere 6 and 2V0-641 will concentrate on NSX.

Hope this answers your question.

0 Kudos
jronaldo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you so much for the answer.

But if I pass in VCPN610 am I get the VCP6-NV or I will need another exam?

0 Kudos
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Please refer following blog post

Migration Paths from v5 Certification to v6 - VMware Education and Certification Blog - VMware Blogs

that's where there's a mention of VCP-NV holder gets Auto migrated to VCP6-NV

so if you manage to Book an appointment for VCPN610, and pass it. then you get VCP-NV

I guess it should auto upgraded to VCP6-NV

still best to check with certificaiton@vmware.com

0 Kudos
lilesj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

If you pass the VCPN610 exam - and have met the other certification requirements (ie, taken a course or provided proof of a relevant Cisco certification) - then you will earn VCP-NV certification, and then you will also be granted VCP6-NV certification. Two for the price of one Smiley Happy

~~~ Follow me at www.twitter.com/JillLiles1
0 Kudos
AungKOWin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Dear All Vmware Member,

Nice to meet u.I want to ask some question.In the first week of January-2016,I read one post from vmware blog that Cisco Certificate holder can examination the VCP6-NV exam.It has a limited date that latest date is 31-Jan-2016 but some people told that Vmware remove the limited date that it true or false?

I would like to ask another question.Now I am a CCNA (R&S) certificate holder therefore I have a chance to examination the VCP6 exam.Can I examination exam t VCP6 foundation(exam code 2v0-620).I mean that can I examination the VCP6 foundation exam.

Thanks

Aung Ko Win

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This blog post confirms that the expiry date of the Cisco > VCP6-NV path has now been removed: https://blogs.vmware.com/education/2015/12/extending-the-cisco-certification-credit-for-network-virt...

See path 2 here for the exam requirements: VCP6-NV Certification

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
AungKOWin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I want to ask some question.I’m a CCNA certification holder.I already read about post but I don’t understand this may be my weakness of my language scale,Please explain me.We CCNA certification holder can examination one exam that VCP6 foundation(2v0-620) or must be examination two exam (2V0-620 and 2v0-641).Please explainme.If this month I examination the (2v0-620) and next month examination the 2v0-641 exam, it may be possible.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

As per my previous reply, path 2 on this page tells you the process to follow: VCP6-NV Certification

You need to submit proof of your CCNA to VMware, pass 2V0-620 (vSphere 6 Foundations exam), and pass 2V0-641 (VCP6-NV exam)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
AungKOWin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks aloft Mr.Scott.I wish all the best.May I ask more question.If this month(January),I examination the VCP 6 Foundation exam and next three months may be (April) can I examination the VCP6-NV exam.

Thanks Aloft

With Regards

Aung Ko Win

0 Kudos
AungKOWin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Dear all Vmware Group,

I want to ask one question.In vmware blog,I had read that Cisco certificate holder can achieve Vmware certificate but it has limit date that date is 31th January 2016.That is true.Please answer me.All vmware member, I wish all the best.

With Regards

Aung Ko Win

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I already answered that question further up this thread - read this blog post: Extending the Cisco Certification Credit for Network Virtualization Certification - VMware Education...

AungKOWin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Dear Scott,

Sorry Mr.Scott my English skill is poor that I'm asking again.Do you mean that they remove deadline date.Very happy.

Thanks aloft Mr.Scott.

With Regards

Aung Ko Win

0 Kudos