VMware Edu & Cert Community
musmani1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Difference b/w vSpher5.1 and vSphere5.0 exam

Hi,
Just need to know ... I have passed my exam "VCP510 VMware Certified Professional on vSphere 5" on Sunday, August 19, 2012   without getting official training from vMware ... but I think the course  I studied is on vsphere5.0 rather than 5.1, I done so because I am waiting for company to sponsor my training ... Now they are doing this year Smiley Happy

The course I am looking now is VMware vSphere Fast Track v5.1 from vMware , Is this training course + my exam that I have already passed would make me officially certified and I'll get the vMware official Certificate as vSphere5.1 certified?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Sort of, but there is no 5.1-specific certification - you will be certified for vSphere 5.

You will get certified when you've taken the training - it does not matter that the exam was on 5.0 and the training will be on 5.1.

As you're taking the training after the exam, you will need to email certification@vmware.com once you've finished the training to ask them to validate your certification status.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
aravinds3107
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Is this training course + my exam that I have already passed would make me officially certified and I'll get the vMware official Certificate as vSphere5.1 certified?

Yes this course would make you eligible for the certification

VCP510 now called VCP5-DCV is based common topics on vSphere 5.0 and 5.1 product

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful |Blog: http://aravindsivaraman.com/ | Twitter : ss_aravind
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Sort of, but there is no 5.1-specific certification - you will be certified for vSphere 5.

You will get certified when you've taken the training - it does not matter that the exam was on 5.0 and the training will be on 5.1.

As you're taking the training after the exam, you will need to email certification@vmware.com once you've finished the training to ask them to validate your certification status.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
musmani1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Guys!

0 Kudos
AndreTheGiant
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution