VMware Edu & Cert Community
TheSwitcher
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Course question

I Have passed the foundation exam and plan on taking VCP next week. Due to budget constraints I will be attending the course in July.  For those who have taken one of the VMware courses, is it pass or fail?  I'm curious to to know if I have met all other requirements is this is just something to sit through and pick up information or if there is some type of test inside the course itself. Also I am thinking of going the route of the troubleshooting course instead of the installation course. I have about a years worth of experience with vSphere 6 and the last few months having primary role as a vSphere administrator.  Suggestions on the course?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You are not tested during the course - your completion is marked by the instructor (to give you the credit you need for certification) so long as you are an active participant during the course. When I was an instructor, we were given guidelines by VMware as to what they expected in terms of participation - turn up each day, pay attention during the lectures, do the labs, and you'll be fine.

And if you've already passed the exams by the time you do your training, then yes I would definitely suggest taking one of the higher-level courses - such as Optimize & Scale, Troubleshooting, or Design & Deploy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You are not tested during the course - your completion is marked by the instructor (to give you the credit you need for certification) so long as you are an active participant during the course. When I was an instructor, we were given guidelines by VMware as to what they expected in terms of participation - turn up each day, pay attention during the lectures, do the labs, and you'll be fine.

And if you've already passed the exams by the time you do your training, then yes I would definitely suggest taking one of the higher-level courses - such as Optimize & Scale, Troubleshooting, or Design & Deploy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
TheSwitcher
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Awesome thanks

0 Kudos