VMware Edu & Cert Community
Ashaneil
Contributor
Contributor

Confused about what to practice in labs for VCP - 510

Hi Guys,

I am preparing for my VCP exam and I have been reading posts on this forum on how to prepare. I am having a hard time judging if I am ready for the exam or not. Everyone keeps mentioning that it is critical to have a physical or a virtual lab to practice on. Now, I have a physical lab with 2  hosts and I also have a virtual AutoLabs setup on laptop.

My question is:

What exactly am I supposed to be practicing on the lab? I am going over the latest blueprint and when I am studying a topic, I try to implement it on the lab without looking it up in my notes. E.g. When studying about vCenter - Install and Configure, I install a vCenter (both the appliance and standalone) and configure it.

Am I missing something here? How did you all decide when you were ready?

It has been a long time since I have taken any exams and I am not sure if I am over preparing or under preparing. Any and all comments are welcome and appreciated. Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What you're doing sounds good to me, but make sure you study the blueprint topics from the documentation too - an understanding of the options available, the best practices, the capabilities, the gotchas will all help.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos