VMware Edu & Cert Community
BhuvanITGuy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Completing vSphere 6 foundation exam(2V0-620) will provide any VCA certification?

Hello Everyone,

I am an IT system engineer in an organization, basically works on windows platforms. I am planning to get certified with VCP7-CMA(2V0-731). I've gone through all the prerequisites. In that they mentioned to complete vSphere 6 foundation exam(2V0-620) first and then we need to go to the VCP7(2V0-731) next. So my doubt is "Will I get any certification such as VCA for completing vSphere 6(2V0-620) foundation exam? "

Or shall I complete VCA-CMA (1V0-603) instead of vSphere 6 (2V0-620) which provides me VCA certification ????

Please suggest me my dear experts:smileyconfused::smileyconfused:

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

‌There is no connection whatsoever between the vSphere Foundations exam and any of the VCA certifications.

Foundations is a core exam for all the VCP6/VCP7 certifications.

I don't personally think VCA certifications have value, so would suggest you proceed with the Foundations exam followed by 2V0-731 - once you've passed both you'll be VCP7-CMA certified, so long as you've also met any training requirement for VCP7-CMA.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

6 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

‌There is no connection whatsoever between the vSphere Foundations exam and any of the VCA certifications.

Foundations is a core exam for all the VCP6/VCP7 certifications.

I don't personally think VCA certifications have value, so would suggest you proceed with the Foundations exam followed by 2V0-731 - once you've passed both you'll be VCP7-CMA certified, so long as you've also met any training requirement for VCP7-CMA.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
BhuvanITGuy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply Scott.

I have be learning VCA-CMA followed by fundamental course in VM ware leaning zone. As you said VCA alone will not have any value so I am planning to take a course for vSphere 6 fundamentals first and later I will go for VCP7. But will I be certified by VM ware for passing a vSphere 6 fundamentals exam alone ?? I know it is a silly question but I want to clarify myself...

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

‌As per my previous reply, vSphere Foundations is a core exam for the various VCP certifications - so on it's own it counts for nothing.

Each VCP certification has it's own page which details the requirements, for example: VCP7-CMA Certification

BhuvanITGuy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks ScottSmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

0 Kudos
AFTAB120
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

I have faced a problem on Single Sign-On to Pearson VUE: Manage Exams.

when I have to click the manage exam then showed an error like...

Code: PVU

If anyone knows the issue please reply.

I'm waiting for an exam but attend because of this issue.

Advance thanks.

0 Kudos
lilesj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

That sounds like an issue with your account at PearsonVue. I would suggest you reach out to the support team at certification@vmware.com so that they can assist.

~~~ Follow me at www.twitter.com/JillLiles1
0 Kudos