VMware Edu & Cert Community
lukeglazebrook
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Clarity on how long I have to pass my VCP 6.5 before my 5.x series expires?

Appologies if this is a silly question, ulitmately I want to retain my 5.x series certs for what they are worth.  How long exactly do I have to get my 6.5 done and dusted?  If I book now and pass before September the 27th will I remain 5.x certified presumably?

NameStartedActiveLast extensionExpiresDownloads
Data Center Virtualization
VMware Certified Professional 5 - Data Center Virtualization (VCP5-DCV) 2013-Apr-262013-Aug-062015-Aug-062017-Sep-27
0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Not sure what the difference is between the terms "Last extension" and "Expires" - you either have til August 6th or September 27th Smiley Wink

When did you pass your last exam to either gain or recertify your VCP5-DCV? You should have 2 years from that date.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
LukeLegend
Contributor
Contributor

I passed the 5.5 Delta on 27th of September, so that answers the question )

0 Kudos
cahardey
Contributor
Contributor

Expires = Date in which that certification will expire.

As long as you complete/earn any new VCP or VCAP certification before the expiration date, that certification version will remain 'Active'.  Your VCP5-DCV expiration date will update to '2 years from the date of your newly earned VCP or VCAP certification'.

Regards,

Carey Hardey

Manager, EDU/Certification Operations

0 Kudos