VMware Edu & Cert Community
captainmarvel
Contributor
Contributor

Certification processing

Hello all,

I am currently a VCP4, and am sitting for the VCP5 exam on Monday (I think I am pretty well prepared for the exam)

Assuming I pass the exam on Monday, is the processing time about the same as it was for VCP4 (3-4 weeks?) I'm assuming I'll still have to confirm my address, and accept the VMware agreement?

Thanks guys!

VCP-4, VCP-5, VCP-Cloud
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

I've seen it as short as 10 days for your Transcript to be updated on the VMware Education site.  With that said, it can take up to 8 weeks as well.

Good luck on the exam!

0 Kudos
sakibpavel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You will automatically get a welcome kit with the printed certification... usually in 4-5 weeks. If you don't get an email from VMware in the within 2 weeks, email to certification@vmware.com
Sakibpavel
0 Kudos
tolanid
Contributor
Contributor

I got my welcome email telling me that my VCP 5 status will be posted in about a week.  This is way less than going from VCP3 to VCP4

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I passed VCP5 last November, and it still took about 6 weeks to get the kit through my door...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
EV_Simon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I passed my VCP 4 back in December and I am still waiting on the welcome pack and the workstation license, I have just emailed off to certification@vmware.com to chase up on this (I did the address thing back on the 5th of January).

Kinda slow but with the amount of people sitting the VCP 5 exam it's not really surprising.

0 Kudos