VMware Edu & Cert Community
JerryJennings
Contributor
Contributor

Certification not issued

I attended the install configure manage v7 course around September. Then completed the VCTA certification at the end of January using the voucher provided by my it academy. Afterwards I proceeded to take the VCP-DCV (2V0-21.20) exam and passed on 2 Feb. Cert manager shows that I completed the exam but I have yet to receive my official certification for VCP-DCV. It is my understanding that the course I attending plus passing the exam meets all the requirements for certification. I’m just wondering if there’s anything else I need to accomplish to obtain my cert.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SharelleP
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The VCTA would have  no influence on achieving your VCP. It can take minimum 48 hours for the systems to connect and provide a result. If you haven't received by then, contact certification@vmware.com for more  help. 

0 Kudos
JerryJennings
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response I will reach out directly. The score posted but I took the VCP two weeks ago and only have the score loaded and not the cert or badge. 

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Did you take the PSE version of the exam for VCP?

That is crucial, since you took your training with a VMware IT Academy.

If you did not take the PSE version, VMware have no idea that you took the training.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
JerryJennings
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I took the 1V0-21.20PSE exam using the voucher provided by the IT Academy. I can see that test score and cert in cert manager. 

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I wasn’t asking about the VCTA exam, I was specific in asking about the VCP exam, most likely 2V0-21.20PSE if it was for vSphere 7.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
JerryJennings
Contributor
Contributor

That was part of the error. The other portion was the it academy course completion was attached to a university email while I scheduled the exam with a personal email. Solution was to send my certificate of completion in to meet all the requirements for certification. Thanks everyone for the knowledge and help. 

0 Kudos