VMware Edu & Cert Community
girishverma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Calling ALL VCP's ....VCP Exam Question / Confusion. Please Advise

I am planning on writing my VCP 510. I have been reading the Official Guide by Bill Ferguson. My questions are:

First and foremost, now that that 5.1 has been out for a while and 5.5 just arrived what are the questions based on? I am under the impression that the question are based on version 5.0 rather than enhancements that have been added in 5.1 and 5.5

I do have a home lab setup that i am running within a work station environment so I have that exposure.

Any other books someone can recommend besides Guide by Bill Ferguson. I came across a post saying that the book has many mistakes etc, what are your thoughts in regards to that book? What else should i read?

as a VCP YOUR suggestions are very valuable. Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

My recommendation has always been to use the VCP Blueprint as it details what can be covered in the exam and provides links to the VMware documantation that covers the topic. Use the course materials as well because they do contain come good amount of information.

The important advice is hands on access which you have covered with your home.

It is my understanding that the exam will cover 5.1. I have heard that there will be a new VCP exam that will be coming out for 5.5 due to the majors changes in the the software release.

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
JoshuaAndrewsVM

Questions are currently on the commonalities of 5.0 and 5.1.

If you find mistakes in the book, post them here and we can discuss.

abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Check my blog. There are lot of links you can refer to to prepare yourself for VCP.

http://vpirate.in/vcp/

As JoshuaAndrewsVM mentioned, let us know if you have any particular doubt, we can discuss it here.

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

0 Kudos