VMware Edu & Cert Community
Newb449
Contributor
Contributor

Booked and bombed out on wrong exam -

Somehow I've managed to book the VCP550 exam while I was actually preparing for the VCP510 exam.  Needless to say, I had a rude shock when I sat the exam and failed miserably.

My VCP cert expires tomorrow.

Is there any way I can take the VCP 510 exam?  I tried to get an authorization but it says I've already taken the 510 exam and passed.

Can't seem to find any number to call either.

HELP!!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Which VCP certifications do you already hold that are expiring?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Newb449
Contributor
Contributor

VCP5 back in 2012

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

In which case it's VCP550D that you should take, it's a special "delta" exam that you take online: Delta Exam - New VCP-DCV Exam

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
Newb449
Contributor
Contributor

Hmm

The issue is I prepped for 5.1 exam because I thought I could take this as per the info in

VCP5-DCV Exams

I thought I had a choice, and since I deal with 5.1 and I'm stronger in this area, I thought it the safer option.

Obviously not

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You can't take the same VCP510 exam that you passed to achieve the certification - this is a safeguard against people stealing exam items from taking it over and over.

This text is taken from the page you linked to:

If you are already VCP certified, passing the VCP550 will recertify you.

If you are already VCP certified, passing either the VCP550 or VCP550D will recertify you.

You should be able to get authorisation for VCP550D, and there's some excellent resources here: http://thevirtualunknown.co.uk/2014/11/12/vmware-vcp-5-5-delta-exam-vcp550d-passed/

Newb449
Contributor
Contributor

OK.

I'll try to get authorization

Thanks Smiley Happy

0 Kudos