VMware Edu & Cert Community
Wasisnt
Contributor
Contributor

Best training Q&A software for VCP-410?

Ive been looking at all the test engines you can buy for practice questions but dont know which are good if any. There is Test-King, TestInside, Pass-Guaranteed and so on. I dont mind paying the money for them but want to know if the are real representations of whats on the test and if the answers are accurate. Has anyone tried any of these?

Ive been watching the Trainsignal and CBT Nuggets videos, got a good book on vSphere 4 as well as using vSphere in a lab setting for about 6 months. I will be taking the course next month and we will be putting it into production at work before I take the test so hopefully Ill know it pretty good by then.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

Ive been looking at all the test engines you can buy for practice  questions but dont know which are good if any. There is Test-King,  TestInside, Pass-Guaranteed and so on. I dont mind paying the money for  them but want to know if the are real representations of whats on the  test and if the answers are accurate. Has anyone tried any of these?

These are all frowned upon and could jeopardize your VCP status if VMware were to find out these were/are used to help in obtaining your VCP.

0 Kudos
Wasisnt
Contributor
Contributor

I knew they didnt like the brain dumps etc but didnt thing the questions would be a problem. How do they differ from other study methods? Or do they assume the questions were illegally obtained from people taking tests? It seems like there are so many little details that can be on the test that it would be hard to find a source with all the information without reading 10 books on it. Does the VMware training cover everything thats on the test?

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

I would say check out the below blog for very useful information

http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Unfortunately all the sites you mention sell braindumps, and every braindump I've seen has been inaccurate, VMware also review their exam items to refresh them to make their exam differ from the dumps. My blog has a series of VCP tabs across the top, the Study tab has some information and links that you'll find particularly useful. Http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I should have also mentioned the VCP exam blueprint, it is a vital document in terms of preparation as it tells you what you will get tested on. The training course alone will not be sufficient to pass the exam, but VMware always state that the VCP is aimed at those with at least 6 months experience...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Well you can visit Brainsmeasure.com and  courses is not much expensive.

0 Kudos
Wasisnt
Contributor
Contributor

Well that site has braindump written all over it...

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yep, that's exactly what I thought :smileyangry:

0 Kudos
Wasisnt
Contributor
Contributor

One more thing I just thought of as I was looking over my study materials. Is this the most current version of the vSphere 4 documentation notes? Does it apply the same to 4.1 as it does to 4.0?

www.vreference.com/public/vsphere4-notes1.0.pdf

Are there many differences/changes between the study materials for 4.0 and 4.1?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The exam is generic across 4.0 and 4.1, the answers to all the questions asked in the exam would be the same for 4.0 as they would for 4.1. That makes life a bit easier for you as it doesn't matter whether you use 4.0-specific or 4.1-specific materials to prepare yourself.

Scott.

jonhall
Expert
Expert

Here is how they differ.  Companies like these pay someone to steal our test questions, then they take those questions and publish them.  While some may be accurate, they are only as good as the source.  Plus, we monitor these sites, and when an exam is compromised we publish new questions, making the existing offering of no further use.

These companies profit off of us, force us to do more work than would otherwise be needed, and provide unscrupulous candidates an opportunity in rare moments between updates to obtain our certification without proving they actually deserve it.

Jon C. Hall Technical Certification Developer VMware, Inc.
0 Kudos
Wasisnt
Contributor
Contributor

So far I have found the study guide PDF document from this site to be very helpful except for the spelling and grammar errors all over the place. I assume its pretty up to date.

http://www.b3rg.nl/vcp-4.0/introduction/vmware-certified-professional-on-vsphere-4-learning-guide.ht...

What I have been donig is following along in my lab and trying things out.

0 Kudos
SamElliott
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No that is well out of date, you'll find the current one here

http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-10074

You should get all the docs from vmware site then you know they are the latest ones you're downloading.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The b3rg link is to a study guide rather than just the blueprint, and as the current exam is generic across 4.0 and 4.1 that study guide still has value. You are right that official resources are better than unofficial resources as the exam items are validated against the official vSphere documentation for example.

0 Kudos
Wasisnt
Contributor
Contributor

I have the official blueprint but the one from my link has a lot of information added to each section of the blueprint making it more of a study guide.

Are there any other "official" type study materials that I should know about besides what is on Scott's blog and the blueprint? I have all the reference and configuration guides from VMware as well as the documentation notes and reference card.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

In which case I'd say you've got more than enough information, and the blueprint and documentation should be your key references.

0 Kudos