VMware Edu & Cert Community
wynnert
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Awarded VCP-Cloud but not seen as a valid prereq for VCP5-DCV

Hi all,

I got my VCP-Cloud certificate awarded recently and also have passed the VCP5-DCV exam.

From the pre-req info on the site I was under the assumption that being a VCP-Cloud allowed me to sit the DCV exam and upon passing I'd get awarded that certification too.

Unfortunately I seem to be in a limbo whereby I've passed the exam and I haven't gotten the second VCP. I sent in an email to VMWare Certification but so far I've heard nothing.

Has anyone gone the VCP-Cloud -> VCP5-DCV route? Did you have any issues?

Thanks

Ross

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You should get an email for VCP5-DCV asking you to confirm your shipping address etc, just like you did for VCP-Cloud.

You are correct that you should be awarded the certification given that you are already a VCP-Cloud holder.

I'm sure the Certification team will come back to you - there's nothing more you should need to do.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hey Ross,

Welcome to the community.

So you have written both the exams for VCP-Cloud and VCP-DCV?

Did you write them both together or you wrote one after the other with some time gap?

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

0 Kudos
wynnert
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

I've sat both exams and passed. There was about 3 days between sitting each one. I sat the exams back in late August.

The VCP5-DCV was much easier having gone through the full VCP-Cloud's 135 questions! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

And you got mail for VCP-Cloud and haven't got it for VCP-DCV?

Usually it takes 8 weeks of time after you finish the exam to get your certificate.

Abhilash B

0 Kudos
wynnert
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The online transcript shows VCP-Cloud and the two VCA's I took a couple of weeks later but the VCP5-DCV is still stuck in the Enrolments section. It's a bit more fundamental than the post getting delayed or lost unfortunately.

0 Kudos
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Does it say you have passed VCP-DCV in your tests section?

VCA's take just a day to appear. While VCP's take a long time.

Abhilash B

0 Kudos
rosswynne
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes. They showed up within 24hrs of sitting the exams too so no major delay.

VCA-DCV Exam27-Aug-2013----Passed
VCA-Cloud Exam27-Aug-2013----Passed
VCP5-DCV Certification Exam26-Aug-2013----Passed
VCP-Cloud Certification Exam15-Aug-2013----Passed
0 Kudos
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Then you will get the mail to confirm your shipping address for VCP5-DCV and then the transcript will appear on your certifications list.

Do not worry. Give it some time Smiley Happy You will surely get the Soft copy and also Hard copy of the certificate.

---If you found my answer correct/helpful please close the thread by marking the answer appropriately-----

Abhilash B

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You should get an email for VCP5-DCV asking you to confirm your shipping address etc, just like you did for VCP-Cloud.

You are correct that you should be awarded the certification given that you are already a VCP-Cloud holder.

I'm sure the Certification team will come back to you - there's nothing more you should need to do.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
rosswynne
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the replies.

I did all the confirming of shipping address and bits weeks ago. Hopefully the Certification team will just give it a little nudge in the right direction. At least with the VCP-Cloud I can apply to sit the VCAP Smiley Happy

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going mad and that the VCP-Cloud would be enough for the VCP5-DCV. I really didn't want to do a weeks course on how to install and configure 5.1 when I already upgraded to 5.5 in my lab Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
wynnert
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMWare corrected the issue with my enrolments and now I have the VCP-Cloud and VCP5-DCV Smiley Happy

Happy days!

0 Kudos