VMware Edu & Cert Community
Gajendrapundier
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Am I eligible for VCP-DCV 2023 if I am holding VCP on another track i.e. VCP-CMA 2021

Am I eligible for VCP-DCV 2023 if I am holding VCP on another track i.e. VCP-CMA 2021.

However, I have already passed the exam but didn't get receive any badge yet.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sachchidanand
Expert
Expert

Both are different train. Anyone is eligible for the VCP-DCV if he/she completes the following requirements:

1. (Recommended) Gain experience with vSphere 7.x or vSphere 8.x
2. (Recommended) Attend one of the training courses

Please see the following guide:

https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/certification/vmw-vcp-dcv-certific...

See the section:

Certification path if you hold a VCP-NV 2020 or Newer OR VCPCMA 2020 or Newer OR VCP-DTM 2020 or Newer OR VCP-DW
2020 or Newer OR VCP-SEC 2020 or Newer OR VCP-AM 2021
or Newer OR VCP-EWS 2022 or Newer OR VCP-VMC 2022 or
Newer OR VCP-CO 2022 or Newer
1. (Recommended) Gain experience with vSphere 7.x or vSphere 8.x
2. (Recommended) Attend one of the training courses
Courses used by VMware to develop these exams and strongly
recommended to you for exam preparation:
VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V8]
VMware vSphere: Operate, Scale and Secure [V8]
VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V7]
VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V7]

Regards,

Sachchidanand

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Select the option on this page which applies to you: https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/vcp-dcv.html

A VCP from 2021 would mean you only have a hard requirement to pass either the Professional vSphere 7.x exam or the Professional vSphere 8.x exam, the training is only “recommended” rather than “required”.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos