VMware Edu & Cert Community
virtualtech_wor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Achieved VCP5-DCV - Which cert to do next?

please let me know if this question need to be posted under different section.

Hi,

I need to do certifications in Datacenter Virtualization and Cloud computing, these are the areas I'm currently working on. Already achieved VCP5-DCV certification.

I came across articles saying vCloud Director is no more a standalone product and it has been integrated with vCAC.

1. Does this mean vCloud Director certifcation VCP-Cloud does not add much value to the profile now?

2. Is there any official certification for vCAC?

3. Is VCAP5-DCA has got real demand in the market like VCP?

I need your thoughts/advise, to spend my time in the relevant courses/certifications.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyChow
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The direction for vCD is that it will be for service providers, the future for enterprises will be vSphere with vCAC.

1. The -Cloud certifications are still based on vCD, not sure what will happen in the future but I'd expect to see them also move towards vCAC.

2. Not yet.

3. Have a look on some job websites, I think it's growing but not as quickly as it perhaps should.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
virtualtech_wor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Scott - So will writing VCP-Cloud now would have good chances to be considered for vCAC job role? As i'm not sure how much of vCD will be used in vCAC Smiley Sad

Thanks for your inputs!

0 Kudos
AnthonyChow
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

@virtualtech_world: I think this article will answer your question.

» VMware vCloud Director is Dead, Long Live vCloud Director Long White Virtual Clouds

0 Kudos
virtualtech_wor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the article. Well explained by the author.

0 Kudos