VMware Edu & Cert Community
Tabir
Contributor
Contributor

2v0-21.19 exam

i am VCP 6.0 certified can i set for the exam 2v0-21.19  and then  VCP-DCV 2021 , to avoid required training when i book for  VCP-DCV 2021 

Moderator edit by wila: Moved thread from Certification discussions to VCP discussions

0 Kudos
8 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You will need to complete vSphere 7 training in order to meet the requirements for VCP-DCV 2021 - check the "VCP6-DCV or older" path here: https://www.vmware.com/education-services/certification/vcp-dcv.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
Tabir
Contributor
Contributor

thanks scott28tt

0 Kudos
Viorelg
Contributor
Contributor

1.  Is there any chance to postpone the retirement for Professional VMware vSphere 6.7
(2V0-21.19) ?

2. The exam 2V0-21.19PSE: Professional VMware vSphere 6.7O is still eligible on PearsonVUE.

Can 2V0-21.19PSE be taken instead of 2V0-21.19 ?

thanks!

0 Kudos
niyijr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

According to the Retired Exams, Certifications and Badges document (updated: May 2021), the 2V0-21.19 exam was retired 3 days ago on the 30th of June 2021.

niyijr_0-1625342480832.png

If you're still seeing it on Pearson then that's either an error or it's somehow still available.

Maybe someone from VMware can confirm this. 

Cheers

VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The PSE exam is only of any use to people who have take their training with a VMware IT Academy partner.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
Viorelg
Contributor
Contributor

I am three times VCP-DCV (4, 5 and 6 version) and now I can't take V7 because the training course is mandatory beside the PearsonVUE exam.

There is no a real certification investment protection by VMware side especially in this tough period (pandemic times).

0 Kudos
TimVCI
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Regarding certification investment protection, VMware released vSphere 6.0 over 6 years ago!

If someone held their VCP 6 certification then they would have been eligible to have taken the 6.5 delta exam when that was released (I did my 6.5 Delta exam in 2017). If they didn't take that exam then they would have had to have taken the 6.7 VCP exam when 6.7 was released around 3 years ago. If they chose not to take the 6.7 exam then yes, VMware require you to attend a course if they want to become VCP certified.

There is some onus on the student to keep their certification up to date in order to avoid the mandatory course requirement. This policy has been in place as long as I have been dealing with VMware certifications (some 15+ years).

If you wanted to gain your VCP 7 and had to pay for the training yourself then your cheapest option would be to attend a course through a VMware IT academy partner such as Stanly College. 

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@Viorelg 

VMware had already extended the retirement of the vSphere 6.7 exams by 6 months til AND allowed for an additional historical generation of certifications to "count" in terms of updating to the latest version.

If you had updated your VCP-DCV either to the 6.5 version, or in 2019 or 2020, you would still have the option today of just passing a vSphere 7 exam to update to VCP-DCV 2021 - so essentially anyone who achieved or updated their VCP-DCV in the last 4 years.

(For the record, I'm a VCP 2/3/4/5 and I have a VCAP4 too, and they don't count for anything)

0 Kudos