VMware Edu & Cert Community
ParminderS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

2V0-622 Exam

Hi

Can anyone advise on the study material specifically focused on 2V0-622?

There is no book available for VCP6.5 DCV exam from VMware press.

Can I pass the exam by studying material based on VCP6-DCV exam and  Delta exam?

I know this is fairly new exam introduced from VMware but has anyone got any training video links or books for VCP6.5 - DCV?

6 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

A great start would be to download the exam guide - accessible via this page: VMware Certified Professional 6.5 - Data Center Virtualization Exam

I've not seen any online study guides, yet.

Try and use 6.5 resources wherever possible, rather than 6.0 resources - the exam guide, documentation, and software.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
ParminderS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Scott.

I looked into the exam guide and got them to correct a misleading word in that guide. Which hey did on 26 May.

I am looking for the book by VMware press for v6.5. Also any practice exams.

The exam guide says:

Practice Exam

PearsonVUE will provide a practice exam for the VWware DCV Exam soon. Please be advised that the pass score for the practice exam is unrelated to the pass score for the actual exam. The location for the practice exam will be available soon.

Sample Exam

VMware will soon provide one sample question from each of the ten sections of the certification exam, along with an answer key.

I am eagerly waiting Smiley Happy

Regards

0 Kudos
kevinstiegler
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hey all,

I took the 2V0-622 exam today and missed the cutoff (227/300). I plan to re-test next week so if anyone has some decent study material- please post it up or pass it along in email.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The practice exam for the VCP6-DCV exam will help: myLearn

Alternatively, MeasureUp are an official partner with VMware for practice exams - they have one for VCP6.5-DCV: VMware Certified Professional 6.5 - Data Center Virtualization (VCP6.5-DCV)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Magneet
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Simon long has created a great practise exam VCP6.5-DCV Practice Exams - The SLOG – SimonLong/Blog

TheJohnBailey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

While I have had great success with practice tests from MeasureUp in the past, the 2V0-622 practice test did not cover the same materials as the test.  I took and failed that test twice (IIRC I scored 217 and then 222), then dropped back and took 621D (and passed, thanks be to God).  It's embarrassing to fail after a lot of study; but, as Scott Lowe stated in his DFW VMUG UserCon Keynote Address this week, we need to be continually learning so that we are not replaced by those who are...

It is worth noting there also seemed to be no duplication between either of the three tests, so they may have a *very* large pool of questions.  And that is an encouraging thought to me.  The next iteration of 622 (or 622D?) might be easier.

Of course, there are a lot of differences between 5.5 and 6.5, so going with 6.0 in the first place would have been a better choice; but the lesson I learned from this is that reading multiple books, practicing with the software, and only then taking the practice tests is a better way to study.  I had much more hands-on with 6.0 than 6.5, and as noted by others, there are no books yet on 6.5. 

Sure, there are great study guides; but they are outlines without the great examples and complete thoughts the books typically provide.

Now we need to encourage someone with the knack to begin to write the books we need.  It's a lot of work, so I understand why people don't just keep on writing technical books.  But I sure hope someone steps up.

0 Kudos