VMware Edu & Cert Community
frostyk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

2V0-621D

So I have a VCP 5.5 that expires in 30 days.  I was planning on taking the 2V0-621D exam to upgrade it to VCP 6.0 and restart the count down timer.  I'm doing 6.0 and not 6.5 because my organization (the US government) has not authorized us to upgrade to 6.0 yet, so I like to keep my cert where my experience and use case is.

In an email I just got they said I could renew my certification by passing the "newest" exam.  Does that mean 2V0-621D is not valid for renewal?  If that's the case I have 30 days to learn 6.5 stuff that I have no real world experience with.  I'm really hoping 2V0-621D will renew my VCP.  Can anyone confirm?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You're good to go with 621D - passing it before your VCP5-DCV expires will give you VCP6-DCV and recertify your VCP5-DCV.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You're good to go with 621D - passing it before your VCP5-DCV expires will give you VCP6-DCV and recertify your VCP5-DCV.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog