VMware Edu & Cert Community
JumpyJW
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vSphere 5.5 U2 for VCDX-DCV

Although it may seem implied but I feel the urge to clarify...

Is it safe to assume that the DCV design can be based on 5.5 capabilities (ie. VSAN) instead of just 5 as I can't find anywhere including the blueprint that specifically addresses this.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Yes VCDX5 includes any variation of 5.x

roconnor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Jumpy

From what I understand we can defend on the latest products, so elements of vsphere 6 could find there way into a vcdx 5 design and defence.

Maybe Chris can confirm this...

Russ

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Pretty much as I stated above.....if you have things 5.x or above it can all be questioned but the final certification will always be VCDX5 version since there is no VCDX6 yet.  You can do a 100% v6 design and defense but you'd still at this time only get a VCDX5 and would have to take the design exam to upgrade.  Once VCDX6 is out than a VCDX6 design MUST include all 6.x components in it.  Earlier VCDX version can include later vSphere Product but certification granted would be the lower version.

0 Kudos
techie8
Contributor
Contributor

Any idea when VCDX6 will come out.?I am thinking if I wait for VCDX submission for next year in Q1 then should i prepare myself for VMware vSphere 6.0 or should I continue with VCDX5 design artifacts to defend in early 2016. thx

0 Kudos