VMware Edu & Cert Community
KarlChilds
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX) Defense Schedule for 2015

The new VMware Certification team is pleased to announce the Defense Schedule for 2015.

In addition to the first 2015 Defense held in February (already in process), there are two additional scheduled dates.

The dates are:

June 9-11, 2015 - (applications are due by April 1)

October 20-22, 2015 - (applications are due by August 25)

For each date, there will be concurrent sessions held in Palo Alto, Frimley, and Singapore.

More sessions will be added as needed.

Update: An additional VCDX-NV only defense has been added:

November 9-13, 2015 - Palo Alto only - (applications are due by October 5) - apply here.

Interested candidates can submit and defend their designs for any of the VCDX credentials:

- (VCDX5-DCV) VMware Certified Design Expert 5 - Data Center Virtualization

- (VCDX-Cloud) VMware Certified Design Expert – Cloud

- (VCDX-DT) VMware Certified Design Expert-Desktop

- VCDX-NV - VMware Certified Design Expert - Network Virtualization

Details and applications can be accessed at any of the above links. Note that vSphere 4 designs are no longer being accepted.

Follow the instructions here to submit your application: VMware Certified Design Expert.

To pre-register and show your intent to submit an application, click on this link and answer the two quick questions: http://bit.ly/174u4lQ

All Questions regarding the VCDX Defense Schedule will be answered in this forum.

Additional questions, concerns, or feedback can be sent directly to vcdx@vmware.com.

Thank you, and good luck!!

Message was edited by: KarlChilds

Message was edited by: KarlChilds

25 Replies
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi Karl,

Can we assume for further dates they will follow the same timings of at least two at the start of each quarter? As there are a number of us aiming for April assuming the schedule follows what happened last year. Also if I can submit a cheeky request, there are a large amount of us who would like Frimley UK defences like there were this year so please can this happen.

Gregg

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Gregg http://thesaffageek.co.uk
0 Kudos
KarlChilds
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Gregg, we are still working on our final schedule; however, the goal is to stick close to what we're all used to in terms of schedule and locations. But nothing 100% confirmed yet except for the first defense at Partner Exchange in February. I anticipate having defenses in Frimley again, but I will let you know soon!

Thanks,

Karl

0 Kudos
VirtualMattCT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is there a link to declare one's intent to submit for 12/15?  There has been in the past (myLearning) but I don't see it now.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
AndyinAshland
Contributor
Contributor

I don't see the link for 12/15 either

Can someone help?

0 Kudos
KarlChilds
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

In the past, there has been a link to register for the defense in mylearn. I've been investigating processes to better automate and manage these processes, and missed placing this link out there. However, I've submitted for the link and will post it as soon as I get it.

In any case, whether you've registered on this "future" link or not, if you submit your application and design through the process described here (VMware Certified Design Expert), then you will be formally registered - skip step #3 for now until the link is live.

Information on how to register for the actual defense will be sent to those whose applications and designs are approved.

Thanks,

Karl

AndyinAshland
Contributor
Contributor

Karl,

Thanks for your help and quick reply!

0 Kudos
KarlChilds
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The pre-registration link is now available for the February Defense session! Use this link to register and share your intent to submit an application and design: myLearn.

After you register, please still follow the instructions in the original post to submit your application and design.

Once your application is received, you will receive a direct link to submit your application fee and then, once your design is approved, you will receive the direct link to register for the defense session.

Thanks!
Karl

0 Kudos
james_charter
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Karl,

Can you please confirm when the VCDX Workshop will take place?  In the past it has usually been on the Saturday or Sunday prior to PEX.

If you can provide the date and time of the workshop I will try and schedule my travel so I can attend and participate.  If you can provide some notice on the timing I think we can get a good turnout of VCDX to participate in the workshop. Smiley Happy

Thanks!

James

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

We are targeting Sunday Morning before PEX.  This will be what was formally known as the "bootcamp" that is to provide more information about VCDX.....it should already be in the PEX bootcamp catalog as well online.

0 Kudos
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi Chris/Karl,

Now that the submission date for the PEX VCDX defences has passed are the other dates for 2015 due out soon? Just so people like myself can plan for the defences in Q2.

Thanks,

Gregg

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Gregg http://thesaffageek.co.uk
0 Kudos
KarlChilds
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Gregg, I am hopefully finalizing the committed times and locations this week, so I plan on publishing the rest of the 2015 schedule within the next few days.

Thanks,

Karl

0 Kudos
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Thanks Karl :smileygrin:

0 Kudos
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi Karl,

Any chance of the dates before the Christmas period? Sorry I don't mean to pester you I just want to plan out my preparations and book study leave before the defence

Thanks,

Gregg

0 Kudos
KarlChilds
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Gregg, no worries, thanks for the question.

Specific dates will be determined, hopefully very soon. But for some guidance, there will be VCDX Defense sessions held in each part of the world (Palo Alto, Frimley, and Singapore) around late May/early June and in October. Additional dates will be announced as needed.

Thanks,
Karl

0 Kudos
craigclem1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Karl,

Will these dates include the Workshop as well? I'm in a similar position to Gregg, I get little time to book anything if its not a good few months in advance.

Kind regards

Craig

0 Kudos
KarlChilds
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes, the published dates, coming very soon, will also include Workshop and Bootcamp information.

Thanks,

Karl

0 Kudos
KarlChilds
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

They're finally here!

The new 2015 VCDX Defense dates have been posted. Look at the edited original post in this thread for the dates and details...

0 Kudos
craigclem1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Karl,

When are the workshop dates going to be available please? And how can I register my interest in taking part?

Kind regards

Craig

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

The only confirmed Workshop (Formerly bootcamp) date published is the Sunday before PEX (listed in the PEX session catalog under bootcamps).  We are working with the VMUG team to arrange alignment to certain VMUGs based on number of attendees but have not locked down the locations, or speakers.  Once we know they will be posted ASAP, but without locations we cannot post them.  After we get through PEX we should have time to nail them down I don't think the first one was even targeted until March anyhow if memory serves.

0 Kudos