VMware Edu & Cert Community
LNCHAARY
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware Certified Design Expert 5 - DCV - Exam Design Question

Hi Team,

I have just started working on VCDX5-DCV preparation. I have completed VCP5/VCAP-DCA/VCAP-DCD in vSphere 5.0 and I would like to know whether my VCDX5-DCV design should be based on vSphere 5.0 or it can also be based on vSphere 5.5 infrastructure as well.

Regards,

Chaary

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Johnson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

As I understand a VCDX5 design can be any version of 5

I believe you can also submit a version 6 design, although you will only be assigned a VCDX5.

If you found this or any other answer useful please use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points ---------------------------------------------------------------------- VCP4/5/6-DCV, VCAP5.5-DCA, VCAP6-DCD, VCIX6-DCV, VCIX6-NV ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Follow me on Twitter @tattooedtechy

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Dan_Johnson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

As I understand a VCDX5 design can be any version of 5

I believe you can also submit a version 6 design, although you will only be assigned a VCDX5.

If you found this or any other answer useful please use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points ---------------------------------------------------------------------- VCP4/5/6-DCV, VCAP5.5-DCA, VCAP6-DCD, VCIX6-DCV, VCIX6-NV ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Follow me on Twitter @tattooedtechy
Zack_Widing
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If you only include 5.0 products in your design then you will only be questioned on 5.0, if you mix versions, then you can be asked on any of those versions.

also the troubleshooting portion may include 5.x questions so even though your design may be based on 5.0, your troubleshooting may be based on 5.5/5.1 (and vice versa)