VMware Edu & Cert Community
uniquewaheed138
Contributor
Contributor

VMCDX6-NV Exam Pre Req and Exemption

Hello All,

I am interested to do VCDX6-NV and currently I have Cisco CCIEx2 (DC/RNS) certifications. Do we have some concerete Info reqarding some exam exemptions for VCAP-NV  to achieve VCDX-NV . Thanks for your feedback.

Regards

WAQ

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership

Hi,

VCAP – Having Cisco CCIE and want VCAP6-NV Deploy

If you have a certification from Cisco such as CCIE, and would like to acquire VCAP6-NV Deploy certification, you can use your proof of the Cisco certification to skip VCP6-NV requirement.

The guidelines here are:

Can skip VCP6-NV and any other VCP (which means can also skip attending required course and vSphere Foundations Exam)

Need to Submit the proof of CCIE certification

Does not apply to other solution tracks (DCV, DTM, CMA, or DW)

Acquiring new VCAP certification will also re-certify active VCP certification

VCAP - Having Cisco CCIE and want VCAP6-NV Deploy - VMware Japan Education Blog

ARomeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Moved to the correct area, VCDX

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You get an exemption from VCP level exams (2 of) and an exemption from having to meet the training requirement usually associated with VCP level certfications.

You will need to pass the VCAP Deploy exam AND the VCAP Design exam (which gives your VCIX) in order to apply for the VCDX process.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos