VMware Edu & Cert Community
KSammy
Contributor
Contributor

VCDX-DT Question about versions

Hello,

The current VCDX-DT is for version 5.x

I would like to know whether the section in the Blueprint which outlined the 'Desktop Management Components' namely, "VMware Horizon View, VMware® Horizon Mirage™, VMware® Horizon Workspace™, VMware® vCenter™ Operations Manager™ for Horizon View, vCenter"

Does this mean only versions related to 5.x are only applicable? Therefore, vCenter 6.x, vRealize Operations Manger 6.x would not be valid considerations, etc?

I am just trying to clarify what's the cut off point.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

You can always submit a version higher than the current certification, so for VCDX5-DT you can submit version 6 components, but you will still only be granted a VCDX5-DT if you pass the defense and all the version 6 components can be evaluated and questioned.

0 Kudos
KSammy
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the quick response.

So I guess my only follow up question is, and I plead some ignorance to the defense process, could you hear questions from the panel such as "Why did you opt for v5.3 instead of 6.1 and couldn't this feature set within v6.1 have been an option?"

Of course if you were only prepared for v5.3 questions you would be caught flat-footed.

So, in the end I am asking despite it being VCXD5, defense or challenge questions COULD come from newer versions?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

If you elect to mix and match versions then yes that could happen.  It's always best to treat the design 100% within the same version family if at all possible.  The questions can be posed based on any version that is used in the design, that is a possibility should you have old and new products together in one design.

0 Kudos
KSammy
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the clarification.

0 Kudos
Ryanware
Contributor
Contributor

Hi ,

I preparing for VCAP-DT 5 and and my selected project wa based on Viiew 5.0  which some apps like workspace and mirage wasn't there on that time ,I was wondering should i add all new technologies like workspace and Mirage to my design ? or its acceptable to submit version 5.0 .

Thanks

Ash

0 Kudos
jshiplett
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Neither Mirage nor Workspace are required for VCDX-DT.

VCAP4-DCD - VCP 3/4/5, VCP-Cloud, CCNA, vExpert '12/'13 - http://blog.shiplett.org
0 Kudos
Zack_Widing
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Also remember, just because a product is part of the EUC family doesnt require that you include it. Only include things if they meet the requirements/constraints, while solving the business problems, without introducing risk the customer is unwilling to accept.

0 Kudos