VMware Edu & Cert Community
itsuperhero
Contributor
Contributor

VCDX DCV 2021 Pre-Reqs

I updated and or completed my VCP Datacenter 2020 and VCIX Datacenter 2020 late last year.  I'm planning on pursuing my VCDX DCV and seeing now that there's a VCDX DCV 2021. 

Are the 2020 certifications no longer a valid pre-req for the VCDX?  If not,  will I be required to pass a exam or take a course to update my 2020 certs to 2021 in both VCP and VCAPs before applying for my VCDX?  

0 Kudos
7 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@itsuperhero 

Moderator: Moved to Education and Certification Members as not related to VMware IT Academy - there will be a dedicated VCDX area added soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
n1cvirtu
Contributor
Contributor

Hi itsuperhero,

Unfortunately, I am in the exactly same situation as you are.

I had passed the VCP-DCV 2020 in October 2020 and VCAP Design 2020 in December 2020, so I could refresh my VCIX and fulfilled all requisites for VCDX-2020.

All possible requirements and paths are visible in the certification managers certification catalog.

From my point of view the VCIX 2020 is sufficient for path 1. We do not need to pass any exam or do a new course.

Requirements_VCDX_2021.jpg

Hope that helps.

Nevertheless, a second opinion, to confirm this, would be nice.

Stay healthy and save.

Best regards,
Nicolas Frey
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@itsuperhero 

Moderator: The VCDX Discussions area is now public, moving this thread to it's rightful place.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@itsuperhero 

For a definitive answer, email certification@vmware.com

0 Kudos
itsuperhero
Contributor
Contributor

I'm reaching out to them and will report back!  Thanks.

0 Kudos
n1cvirtu
Contributor
Contributor

Can already deliver some good news :-). So, certification catalog in certification manager seems correct.

Reply from VMware:

Kindly note that we will be accepting VCIX-DCV 2020 as a prerequisite towards VCDX-DCV 2021. You can go ahead and submit the VCDX application.

We will accept a couple of versions back of the VCIX for your VCDX submission, so your VCIX 2020 is all good, even if submitting the application in 2022.

Best regards,
Nicolas Frey
KarlChilds
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Nope, the VCDX will accept the VCIX from up to three years (versions) prior, so you are good to apply.

0 Kudos