As a follow-up to this week’s announcement of certain VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP) exams retiring [click here for explanation] and the renewed focus on the development of new v6 exams, we are also introducing a change to the VMware Certified Design Expert – Cloud (VCDX-Cloud) and VCDX-DT prerequisites.
This change will allow candidates preparing for the June Defenses to still apply and meet all requirements for the current VCDX-Cloud and VCDX-DT only (this does not apply to new versions or to the VCDX5-DCV and VCDX-NV programs.)
With the retirement of the VCAP exams, candidates who are preparing and qualified for the VCDX level could be prevented from applying for the current VCDX-Cloud and/or VCDX-DT. Since we do not want to inhibit these candidates from applying by April 1, this change will allow them to still meet the requirements. The prerequisite skills, previously validated through the VCAPs, will still be critical to properly create a design and successfully defend it. The only change is that we won’t require the exams to be completed.
Hey Karl -
With the changes, how do you get from VCDX-DCV to VCDX-Cloud, VCDX-DT or VCDX-NV?
I like the flexibility here on waving the VCAP requirement. But for people that wanted to go for one of these a 3 week window is not enough time for them to prepare a submission.
If someone was going to defend DT or Cloud in June they would have already passed both VCAPs and be in the final stages of their submission.
This approach would be more valid for the fall defenses.
That process is not changed (Normally you'd need the pre-req of VCAP)
for VCDX-DCV to cloud = Submit the design and have VCP-Cloud (VCAP waived)
for VCDX-DT to NV = NORMAL process and requirements, VCP-NV, VCIX-NV, submit design
Neither requires a re-defense assuming you already hold the first VCDX
Agreed, but we heard from plenty of people that had ONE of the two exams completed and were planning on taking the other....we had to remediate that. October will depend on the release date of the 6.0 versions and we will cross that bridge when it comes.
We could hold effectively offer one TWO VCDX defense options for June....that was not an acceptable option.