VMware Edu & Cert Community
bulenttolu
Contributor
Contributor

Defense schedule for 2015

Hi All,

can you share the defense schedule for 2015 if possible?  since I dont have enough time to prep for october 2014, it would be great if I could learn 2015 defense dates and locations...

thanks a alot in advance

0 Kudos
11 Replies
HeathReynolds
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Agreed, I am hoping for an early 2015 defense (Partner Exchange?), it would be great to know the timeline for submission for the early 2015 defense.

My sometimes relevant blog on data center networking and virtualization : http://www.heathreynolds.com
0 Kudos
harshahosur81
Contributor
Contributor

Fairly certain that the application deadline is usually approx 60 days before first VCDX defence. For example, May 9 for July 7 defence, Dec 20 for Feb 7 defence. I would recommend that you get all the documentation ready, peer reviewed for end of december submission (assuming there is a defence at PEX Feb/Mar 15). This will ensure that you are ready to submit the documentation for the deadline.

Read the blueprint carefully as it also requires supporting documentation to be submitted as well as the design document.

Cheers,

Harsha Hosur.

Harsha Hosur. VCDX #135; MCTS; CCA
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

PEX will be the first 2015 opportunity followed by first week April, July, and October Design Defenses in each geography - the due dates will be very similar to the 2014 schedule. The final dates will be published in September.

Best Regards,

Mark Brunstad

0 Kudos
ymmit
Contributor
Contributor

Have any submission dates for the PEX defenses been announced yet?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Not yet, we will be working on posting them  once the new Program Manager is settled in place.  hang tight.

0 Kudos
dmanconi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Chris

Just following up your comment about a Program Manager being appointed for the programme and dates for the 2015 defences. Any word yet?

Thanks

David

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

The new PM is not starting until tomorrow and more time will be needed before we can get him up to speed.  We will publish them when we know, I have no ETA.  We just have to wait until we get our arms wrapped around things from the certification team.

0 Kudos
dmanconi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Cheers Chris for the reply, will check back shortly for an update.

Thanks

David

0 Kudos
ymmit
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Chris,

Is there any update on the submission dates for the next round of defences?

Cheers,

Tim

0 Kudos
KarlChilds
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Typically, the new year's defense schedule has been posted in September. We recognize there is a little delay this year, because of the turn-over in Program Manager and Evangelist. We are currently working on that schedule as a top priority, and should be able to post information within the next week or two. We are targeting February's Partner Exchange as our first defense, but we will confirm - submission deadlines will be posted here.

0 Kudos
ymmit
Contributor
Contributor

Cool, thanks for the feedback Karl!

0 Kudos