VMware Edu & Cert Community
TheVMinator
Expert
Expert

vcap6 Beta Exams

Does anyone know if the VCAP6 (DCA and DCD) beta exams for the data center virtualization track are available to be signed up for?  Is the beta closed? Not open yet? 

Thanks!

30 Replies
lilesj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The deployment exam betas were invitation only. We're finalizing details on the Design exam betas now and plan to make an announcement soon.

~~~ Follow me at www.twitter.com/JillLiles1
0 Kudos
VSRawat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCAP6 DCA and DCD Beta exam available on invite based. Main exam will launch in next 2 months.

0 Kudos
ThornburyWN
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a particular order to take the exams? I know it isn't a requirement, but one usually builds off of the other. Looking at the exam numbers themselves, Design is 3V0-622 while Deployment is 3V0-623.

0 Kudos
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You can take them in any order you wish once both have been released. I would recommend you do the track you are most used to doing in your day job first then the other.

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Gregg http://thesaffageek.co.uk
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I agree - most people do more of one thing than the other.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
VSRawat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Any order whatever suits you best Smiley Happy I think DCA is better to start.

0 Kudos
ppietraszewski
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any way to get invitation for Deployment exam?

0 Kudos
mikegelhar_bby
Contributor
Contributor

For those interested, here are the draft exam blueprints for studying: VCIX6 Certification Announcement: Part 3 of 3 (Exam Guides) - VMware Education and Certification Blo...

0 Kudos
TheVMinator
Expert
Expert

I registered for the Beta on the VMware site, but it doesn't show up on the PearsonVUE site under my "pre-approved exams".  How long does it take for the pre-approved beta exam to show up on the pearson site? 

Also, does anyone know what is the last date you can take the Beta exam by?

Can you take the Beta exam more than once?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

How long does it take for the pre-approved beta exam to show up on the pearson site?

It should take 15 minutes, but I've heard it can take longer.

Not sure.

Can you take the Beta exam more than once?

No.

Drop an email to certification@vmware.com if you want to know more.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
lilesj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Beta exams don't end on a certain date, but rather they remain open until we receive enough data from participants to properly evaluate the exam content. So it could end quite suddenly without notice. If you are interested we encourage you to register early.

More information on beta exams in particular is available here; Certification Program Beta Exams

0 Kudos
lilesj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The Deployment beta exam opportunities have all been claimed.

0 Kudos
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The last date I could book was March 11th

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Gregg http://thesaffageek.co.uk
0 Kudos
v1gnesh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What does invitation only mean, please?

0 Kudos
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Means only people who got an invite were allowed to sit it and as far asI can tell it was only to internal VMware people

0 Kudos
v1gnesh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Okay, I thought may be it was based on some internal evaluation sort of thing.

Follow-up question: How likely is it that VCP7 exams (and subsequently VCAP7) are released before the 2 year window that the VCP6 holds? Assume that the 2 year window began with 2016.

I know it's difficult to answer, but based on past trends (to which some of you folks may be privy), knowing an estimate would be nice.

The reason behind asking this is that since v7 is a lot different from v6 architecturally and functionally, I'm afraid that work/preparation around v6 may become irrelevant.

Yes, this assumes that everyone will want to go to v7 than to v6.

0 Kudos
TheVMinator
Expert
Expert

After you are approved on the VMWare site - Are you guys seeing the exam show up automatically in your PearsonVue account after you register on the VMware side?  My vmware.com enrollments show the exam but it doesn't show in PearsonVUE.  Is there a trick to making your exam registration appear in PearsonVUE?

0 Kudos
TheVMinator
Expert
Expert

It took 9 hours but the registration I made in VMware finally shows up in PearsonVUE.  But now it asks me for a voucher code, an no such voucher code was provided.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I think we would need a crystal ball to answer that question.

The v6 certifications are new, and available now (or very shortly) - work on those and see how far you get before there's any sign of a v7 product.

0 Kudos