VMware Edu & Cert Community
TheVMinator
Expert
Expert

vSphere Design Workshop - Capacity Planning

I'm wondering if someone has taken the vSphere Design Workshop and can comment on what the capacity planning section was like. How helpful was it in developing a capacity planning methodology for your company? 

8  Management and Monitoring Design

•  Identify useful information for making design decisions about management and monitoring

•  Recognize and analyze best-practice recommendations

•  Analyze alternative management and monitoring design choices

•  Communicate choices and their benefits and risks to the customer

•  Develop a management and monitoring design

0 Kudos
2 Replies
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

I've done the course and can say what they show you in the course is exactly what you would do for a real customer when doing capacity planning. Learning how to do it effectively for the exam was actually something i did after the course with the course materials as well as the capacity planning information covered in  the VMware press book Managing and Optimizing VMware vSphere Deployments by Harley Stagner and Sean Crookston.

I've covered all the resources i used for the exam on my blog if you're interested: VCAP5-DCA & DCD | TheSaffaGeek

Gregg

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Gregg http://thesaffageek.co.uk
TheVMinator
Expert
Expert

OK thanks those are great links and I had been reading your site.  I have that book also and it is great.  I had more questions though about an actual formalized standardized documented methodology that I was looking for that I didn't get from the book and I'm not sure how comprehensive the course really is compared to what I'm looking for.  It's a lot of money to experiment and find out.

0 Kudos