VMware Edu & Cert Community
gman18480
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

took vcap5-dca exam today and had lab performace issues

For the most part the exam ran ok. I was very unimpressed with the performance of the lab environment. I can say that I had to skip two questions that I knew because the keyboard and mouse input would not work. After spending about 5 minutes trying to get my keyboard and mouse to work on one of the questions I had to skip it even though I knew the answer. It's unfortunate that for a 400 dollar exam you have performance issues that limit your ability to perform on the exam. Overall I think I did pretty well. I was able to get about 19 questions answered skipping through the other 7 due to performance and time. I do admit that the pace I started at was a bit slow but the lab performance did degrade my ability to perform my best on this exam. I would recommend to anyone taking this exam to make sure you use a good test center. I drove 60 miles to my test center to make sure I went to a good one and still ran into issues. I could only imagine what it would have been like if I went to one of those grocery store test centers with a metropolitan WAN connection for internet 🙂 Now the 15 business day wait to see if I passed.

Has anyone else had these kind of issues? If so, where did you log a complaint?

Garret DeWulf Professional Services / VMware Consultant / VCP 4&5 / www.veristor.com
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi,

The delay is a common thing for anyone out of the US. The amount of delay does vary but it has been around since VCAP-DCA 4. As for complaints they normally have to be done on the day of the exam to exam administrator or else pearson can't do much about it.

Good luck on the result!

Gregg

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Gregg http://thesaffageek.co.uk

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You should have reported this to the administrator at the centre, you could try calling PearsonVUE and emailing certification@vmware.com

I hope the result of the exam is positive for you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi,

The delay is a common thing for anyone out of the US. The amount of delay does vary but it has been around since VCAP-DCA 4. As for complaints they normally have to be done on the day of the exam to exam administrator or else pearson can't do much about it.

Good luck on the result!

Gregg

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Gregg http://thesaffageek.co.uk
0 Kudos
gman18480
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

K. We'll guess I will have to hope for the best. I took the test in Georgia. Thanks for the info.

Garret DeWulf Professional Services / VMware Consultant / VCP 4&5 / www.veristor.com
0 Kudos
JoshuaAndrewsVM
Jump to solution

Latency problems from a North America-based site are extremely rare.  Your best bet is to alert a moderator so you can documented evidence of the issue if it is needed.

0 Kudos
rafaelinsc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I took exam from Brazil...and i got extremely high latency. It`s was hard to take exam with this problem. Waiting for score.

0 Kudos
ace56
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

MAybe I've missed something here because I really can not believe what I am hearing. It sounds like we all just accept the latency issues. This is ridiculous. The issues should be sorted out. If people are skipping questions because of issues with performance, this is not acceptable. I plan to take the exam this year and this has put me  right off.

0 Kudos
gman18480
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I just got my test results back a couple hours ago and I passed! I would recommend to everyone that if you do experience performance issues you continue with the next task so that you can get as much completed as possible. I also wanted to add a tip to make sure you remember your Ctr+shift+H and N shortcut keys in the vsphere client so that you can navigate between views quicker. I used those shortcut keys and I bet saved me some valuable time on the exam. Good luck to everyone else working on this exam!

0 Kudos