khaliqamar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

need suggestion - can i do vcix6

Jump to solution

hello,

I have vcp5-dcv and i want to upgrade it, so there is one path available which is vcap but because vsphere 6 is available.

can i do vcix6-dcv ?

according to some earlier post the information is not yet out but still if anyone knows...

any news when eof of vcap?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You could migrate to VCP6-DCV, you could do VCAP5-DCA or VCAP5-DCD, or you could wait til when VCIX6-DCV is released.

But what's not been stated yet is whether you will need to by a VCP6-DCV in order to qualify for VCIX6-DCV, or whether your VCP5-DCV will be sufficient.

There's also no news yet on when the exams for VCAP5-DCA or DCD will retire, bear in mind it was only in 2014 when the vSphere 4 exams began retiring.

Keep an eye on this page: VMware Certification

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You could migrate to VCP6-DCV, you could do VCAP5-DCA or VCAP5-DCD, or you could wait til when VCIX6-DCV is released.

But what's not been stated yet is whether you will need to by a VCP6-DCV in order to qualify for VCIX6-DCV, or whether your VCP5-DCV will be sufficient.

There's also no news yet on when the exams for VCAP5-DCA or DCD will retire, bear in mind it was only in 2014 when the vSphere 4 exams began retiring.

Keep an eye on this page: VMware Certification

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos